[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security , Category: Personal Care & Services ]
Uganda Prisons Service
Deadline of this Job:
26th July 2019
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, June 28, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Commissioner General of Prisons informs the general public that recruitment ot Recruit Warders/ Wardresses into the Uganda Prisons Service shall take place throughout the country trom 24th July 2019 to 26th July 2019 at all the fifteen regional prisons headquarters at Kabele, Mbarara, Masaska, Kampala, Mukono, Jiriia, Mbale, Soroti, Moroto, Lira, Gulu, Arua, Masindi, Fort Portal and Mubende. .
All applicants must be:
• Uganda Citizens aged 18-30 years
• In possession of O‘Level Certificates with at least 4 Credits including one in English and a pass in Mathematics.( University graduates and diploma holders should NOT apply)
• Physically fit
• Of good conduct with no criminal record and a letter of recommendation from LC I Chairpersons of their villages endorsed by LC II and LC III Chairpersons of Districts of origin
• With hand written application addressed to the Commissioner General of Prisons; with original academic papers and 03 photocopies of certificates/result slips
• With three (03) recent passport size photographs
• National Citizenship Identity Card and ID of former school
• Ready to undergo both oral and written interviews .
• Ready to undergo thorough Medical Examination on reporting for Training to confirm suitability to undergo rigorous physical training..
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: O‘Level Certificates
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
All intending candidates are advised to report at the designated recruitment centers on the
Successful applicants should be ready to undergo a minimum of nine-month Basic Prisons Officer’s Training Course.
Effective appointment into the service is subject to successful completion of the training.
Note: Presentation of forged documents or impersonation is criminal and shall be prosecuted in Courts of law.
All stages of the recruitment process are free of charge. Please do not pay any money to any one for any service during the recruitment exercise.