Prof. Wilson Muyinda Mande has been installed as the new Vice Chancellor of Nkumba University.
He becomes the 4th Vice Chancellor since the university’s inception in 1994.
Prof. Mande received the instruments of power on Wednesday 1st November 2017 at the university’s main campus in Entebbe.
The function was presided over by the Chairperson Board of Trustees, Muhaamed Kalyango.
He takes over from Prof. Hannington Ssengendo. Others who served in the same position include Prof.Paul Edward Mugambi who took over from the founding Vice Chancellor of Nkumba University, the late Prof. Sentaza William Kajubi in 2008.
“Prof. Mande has had an excellent record in the area of academic work, research, publication, university management and creativity of programmes, Nkumba University Secretary, Dr. Francis Kasekende said.
“Given the number of years he has served here, it is right to say that he is committed to Nkumba University”, he added.
Before his appointment as the 4th Vice Chancellor of Nkumba University at the beginning of 2017, he was serving as Deputy Vice Chancellor from 2014 to 2016.
He also served as Nkumba University Academic registrar from 2009 to 2013.
From 1999 to 2008, Prof Mande was Head of department in the School of Business Administration, Nkumba University.
Prof Mande promised to take Nkumba to a higher level with the support of the Board of trustees, the university council and management.
You can listen to Prof. Mande’s acceptance speech after being installed as Nkumba University 4th Vice Chancellor below.
In attendance was Muni University Vice Chancellor, Prof.Christine Dranzoa who presented the 18th Commencement Lecture of Nkumba University under the theme; “The dilemma of choice: options that the university student encounters in pursuit of self fulfillment”.
The commencement lecture comes ahead of the 20th graduation ceremony of Nkumba University set for Saturday 4th November 2017.
You can watch the video below showing what took place during the installation of Prof. Mande as Vice Chancellor of Nkumba University.
Profile of Prof. Wilson Muyinda Mande
Professor Wilson Muyinda Mande is a Ugandan. He is a Professor of Business Administration. He is son of Yonasani Sekitoleko and Eddy Nabisunku.
He is married to Ruth Muyinda Mande and have several children.
He previously served as Diocesan Education Officer for Church of Uganda. Before that he taught Literature in Secondary Schools and Business English to business students.
- Lecturer 1997 – 1998
- Senior Lecturer 1999 – 2010
- Associate Professor 2003 – 2011
- Professor in 2012
Professor Mande holds a PhD from Aberdeen (UK); an STM from New York in USA; an MA from Virginia in USA; a BD from ATIEA; a Diploma from Makerere; a Diploma from Lund in Sweden; and Advanced Certificate in Educational Management from Leicester in UK.
Professor Mande has undertaken consultancies in areas of education; management, monitoring and evaluation; training; human Resources and policy development.
These have involved local and international organisations like NCDC, UWASNET, HURINET, NARO; ‘FASO; MS Denmark; SOS children villages; Mildmay International; Stromme Foundation; World Vision; Danida; Ford Foundation; UNISA, UMI and UNESCO.
Editorial Roles and related responsibilities
- Founding Editor – TIVCF Bulletin ISSN 2306-6288
- Reviewer -International Journal of Organizational Analysis (internet based)
- Founding Editor – Nkumba Business Journal ISSN 1564-068X
- Editorial Board Member – Makerere Journal of Higher Education
- Chair of Editorial Board – Ugandan Journal of Management and Public Policy Studies ISSN2078-7049
1) Reviewer – African Business Ethics Journal
- Contributed five chapters to books published in Nairobi, South Africa, and UK
- He has published two books
- Professor Mande has over 67 publications in forms of books, chapters in books and journal articles. This means average he has had 4 publications every year.
- Professor Wilson Muyinda Mande appears on the google scholar citations with four pages of publications, citations with publications of 2012 and 2016 as the most cited by readers worldwide.
Prof. Mande has supervised a number of students at both masters and PhD levels.
- PhD for Nkumba University 7
- PhD for Commonwealth University in Isle of Man UK
- PhD for Kenyatta University, Kenya 2
- Masters for University of Leeds (UK) 3.
- Masters for Bugema University 2
- Masters for Nkumba University 31
- PhD theses for Makerere University
- PhD theses for Islamic University in Uganda
- Masters dissertations for Islamic University in Uganda
- Masters dissertations for Kyambogo University
- Masters dissertations for Makerere University
(I) Masters dissertations for Ndejje University
(g) External examiner for taught programmes for Uganda Management Institute
Conferences and seminars
Professor Wilson Muyinda Mande addressed and presented papers in
- Pretoria and Cape Town (South Africa);
- Copenhagen (Denmark),
- Bristol, Aberdeen and London (UK);
- Washington (USA);
- Shanghai (China);
- Nairobi (Kenya);
- Akrempong (Ghana);
- Addis Ababa (Ethiopia);
- Hochi Min city (Vietnam); and
- Bangkok (Thailand).
Professor Mande has been involved in community service as
- Board member World Vision International.
- Board member TASO Global
- Chair, Uganda Policy Management Forum based at UMI
- Member of National Council for Higher Education
Professor Mande’s main hobby is reading. In 2017 he promised himself to read at least one book every month.