Job Title: Project Coordinator – WPC
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Women Rights Coordinator
ActionAid is an International Development Agency working in over 50 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean. ActionAid Uganda’s mission is to achieve social Justice, gender equality, and poverty eradication by working with people living in extreme poverty and exclusion, their communities, people’s organisations, activists, social movements and their supporters.
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator – WPC will plan, manage, monitor and supervise the implementation of the SURGE project in line with the 5th Strategy, project and donor guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the implementation of AAU SURGE project activities in line with the 5th Strategy and Project guidelines.
- Plan and coordinate reporting, monitoring the implementation of the AAU SURGE Program, in line with the SURGE program Framework.
- Monitor adherence to organizational policies and ensure compliance of staff and partners to system, policies and procedures (Finance, HR, Audit etc.).
- Build and maintain working relationships with other implementing partners, district and national stakeholders to promote AAU image in line with the organisational mission vision and values.
- Build and nurture networks, coalitions, and relationship with relevant stakeholders at district and national level to share and profile AAU work on women protection shelters.
- Supervise, motivate appraise and build capacity of WPC staff in line with the 5th Strategy paper, organizational policies and project guidelines
- Identify funding gaps within the project, develop fundraising plans and mobilize resources for sustainability of the project interventions in line with AAU fundraising strategies
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The applicant for the ActionAid Project Coordinator- WPC job placement must hold relevant qualifications and experience
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should deliver their application letters, CVs and copies of Academic documents with details of at least three (3) referees one of which shall be from your most recent employer. The complete applications should be hand delivered or sent by email to Vacancies.Uganda@actionaid.org addressed to: The Director Human Resource and Organizational Effectiveness, ActionAid Uganda Plot 2514/2515 Ggaba Road, Opposite Kampala International University, P.O. Box 676 Kampala. Uganda.
NB: All Applications sent by email should clearly indicate the position title in the subject line.
Deadline: 17th August 2018