Job Title: Laboratory Assistant (Microbiology) – 2 Job Vacancies
Organisation: National Drug Authority (NDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Laboratory Technician
The National Drug Authority (NDA) is an autonomous body which was established by the National Drug Policy and Authority Act Cap 206 , Laws of Uganda (2000 Edition) to regulate Human and Veterinary Medicines and other healthcare products. NDA’s mandate is to ensure quality, safety and efficacy of human and veterinary medicines and other healthcare products through the regulation and control of their production, importation, distribution and use.
Job Summary: The Laboratory Assistant (Microbiology) will take custody of laboratory supplies and clean laboratory equipment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure safe custody of laboratory equipment and supplies.
- Ensure cleanliness of laboratory equipment in accordance with written procedures.
- Distill water and prepares chemical reagents for use in testing of samples.
- Receives samples for testing from the sample and database officer and delivers them to the laboratory.
- Delivers samples for storage to the retention stores for proper storage.
- Participate in sample preparation for attribute sampling.
- Ensure glassware is clean and fit for intended use according to laboratory procedures.
- Aseptic cleaning of the microbiology laboratory and decontamination of microbial waste.
- Daily verification of pH meters and analytical balances.
- Participate in laboratory quality management system activities as required.
- Ensure good housekeeping practices and cleaning of laboratory testing areas.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Drug Authority (NDA) Laboratory Assistant (Microbiology) job must hold an Ordinary Diploma in Laboratory Technology (Microbiology) from a reputable Institution.
- At least two years’ experience in a Microbiology testing Laboratory.
- Good analytical and reporting skills
- High integrity
- Pays attention to details
- Must be able to work as a team
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good communication skills and fluent in English language.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send a cover letter, copies of your academic qualifications together with your Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating three (3) referees of whom one (1) should be your current or most recent employer. Please deliver your application pack in hard copy to National Drug Authority Office, First Floor, Rumee, Plot 19 Lumumba Avenue Opposite TWED Plaza, or through post office P.O. BOX 23096, Kampala Uganda.
Deadline: 1st November 2018