Job Title: Pediatrics and Adolescent HIV Care and Treatment Program Associates (70 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Ministry of Health (MOH)
Duty Station: AIDS Control Program AGYW Unit, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Program Officer – Paediatric and Adolescent HIV Care and Treatment
The Ministry of Health (MOH) has received a grant from the Center for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC) Cooperative Agreement (CoAg), a strategic mechanism of the United States Government (USG) to implement activities in line with its mandate in support of the Public health response to HIV/AIDS and other health systems. CDC will be supporting a pool of Human Resources that are expected to lead the implementation of the grant. The staff to be recruited under this grant will be contracted by the MOH. The contracts are for one (1) year renewable subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance of the staff
Job Summary: Supporting MOH scale up of implementation of the YAPs model.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct YAPs district entry meetings to influence the district buy in into the YAPs program.
- Training the YAPs district mentors and facility supervisors so they can support the implementation and coordination of the YAPs activities at both facilities, communities and district levels.
- Training the YAPs trainings to introduce the YAPs model into HIV service delivery for Adolescents and young people at both facilities and communities
- Conducting YAPs clinical attachments to introduce the YAPs into the health systems service delivery for adolescents and young people.
- Participating in the regional YAPs planning and coordination meetings to improve on the YAPs performance in the region.
- Conducting YAPs technical support supervision and mentorship to improve the performance of the adolescent HIV services through the YAPs model
- Participating in the regional YAPs performance review meetings to improve adolescent HIV performance indicators.
- District entry meetings conducted.
- YAPS trained in the scale up districts.
- YAPS Clinical attachments conducted.
- YAPS technical support supervisions conducted.
- YAPS Regional performance review meetings participated in.
Key Performance Indicators
- Reports on YAPS trained, meetings attended and technical support supervisions conducted
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a degree preferably Medical or Social Sciences biased.
- At least two (2) years’ experience working on adolescent HIV implementation. activities; capacity building, support supervision, mentorship and coaching, and quality improvement.
How to Apply:
Handwritten applications should be Hand Delivered to the Central Registry of the MOH Headquarters-Kampala between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Health Headquarters (Central Registry)
Plot 6, Lourdel Road, Wandegeya
Please include your telephone number and email contacts on the application. Applicants should attach the following:
- Recent passport-size photograph.
- Copy of the National Identity Card.
- Detailed curriculum Vitae.
- Copies of the academic certificates and transcripts.
- Two recommendation letters from two of the most recent supervisors/employers.
- A photocopy of your appointment letter for your most recent position.
- Candidates employed by the Public Service or Local Governments should attach a clearance from employers and submit together with application letter)
(Candidates who fail to provide the above documentation will not be considered)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The list of shortlisted candidates will be displayed on the MOH Noticeboard
Deadline: 21st June 2022 at 5:00pm