Job Title: Audit Management Associate (5 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Ministry of Health (MOH)
Duty Station: National, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Audit and Compliance
The Ministry of Health (MOH) has received a grant from the Center for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC) Cooperative Agreement (CoAg), a strategic mechanism of the United States Government (USG) to implement activities in line with its mandate in support of the Public health response to HIV/AIDS and other health systems. CDC will be supporting a pool of Human Resources that are expected to lead the implementation of the grant. The staff to be recruited under this grant will be contracted by the MOH. The contracts are for one (1) year renewable subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance of the staff
Job Summary: Supporting support supervision and Implementation Audit Programs at Regional and District Level as assigned.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participating in support supervision as assigned.
- Advising on the adequacy of the Internal financial controls as assigned.
- Advising on the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal financial control systems.
- Implementing annual audit plans as assigned.
- Reviewing the financial statements to ascertain that they are prepared in compliance with International accounting standards as assigned.
- Conducting financial audits covering revenue, expenditure, assets and liabilities to ascertain they are fairly stated in the financial statements as assigned.
- Conducting operational audits as assigned.
- Conducting compliance audits as assigned.
- Conducting value for money audits as assigned.
- Conducting manpower audits as assigned.
- Carrying out special investigations as requested by management.
- Performing other duties as may be assigned
- Participating in maintenance of adequate internal control systems.
- Ensuring value for money audits.
- Ensuring proper and timely audit reports.
- Supporting staff in their work to produce timely audit reports
- Program activity reports written.
- Documented Promising Practices and Innovations.
Key Performance Indicators
- Audit and compliance reports prepared.
- Performance review meeting reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Degree in Accounting, Finance or Auditing area from reorganized University/Institution.
- Candidates possessing accounting and finance professional qualification will have added advantage.
- Candidates possessing Master’s Degree qualification in accounting and financial management area will have added advantage.
- At least five (5) years working experience in the area of auditing gaining with a reputable busy
How to Apply:
Handwritten applications should be Hand Delivered to the Central Registry of the MOH Headquarters-Kampala between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Health Headquarters (Central Registry)
Plot 6, Lourdel Road, Wandegeya
Please include your telephone number and email contacts on the application. Applicants should attach the following:
- Recent passport-size photograph.
- Copy of the National Identity Card.
- Detailed curriculum Vitae.
- Copies of the academic certificates and transcripts.
- Two recommendation letters from two of the most recent supervisors/employers.
- A photocopy of your appointment letter for your most recent position.
- Candidates employed by the Public Service or Local Governments should attach a clearance from employers and submit together with application letter)
(Candidates who fail to provide the above documentation will not be considered)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The list of shortlisted candidates will be displayed on the MOH Noticeboard
Deadline: 21st June 2022 at 5:00pm