Organisation: Kampala Hospital
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Kampala Hospital is a privately owned hospital that was established in 2007. Our mandate was and is to bring non-existent services to the countries that were often sought by many people who frequently moved abroad to seek quality medical care.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will oversee all activities of the Office of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and ensure its smooth running and efficiency.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Correspondence/ Appointment Management:
- In charge of receiving and stamping all incoming mail
- Handle all office correspondence and redirect where necessary.
- Work closely with the CEO, reply to letters/queries on behalf of the Director when appropriate.
- Cordially answer and redirect incoming calls
- In charge of maintaining the CEO’s diaries and schedule appointments.
- Resolve time conflicts arising from the diaries
- Exquisitely handle the CEO’s cash expenditures and enter them in the vouchers
- Ensure that all director’s cash expenditures are signed by the recipients of the cash
- Meeting Support:
- Manage CEO’s calendar and meetings including all logistics for the said meetings (venue, refreshments, types of meetings such as monthly review, weekly reviews etc.).
- In charge of circulating and distributing actions and confirm completion two weeks before the meetings
- Regularly review contents and quality of Board papers
- Confirm that all approvals are appropriately signed
- File all submissions and minutes
- Record Management:
- In charge of implementing and maintaining a well-organized secretarial function which includes a complete administrative and filing system.
- Take minutes of meetings and ensuring distribution to all concerned within the shortest time possible.
- Confirm accuracy of incoming correspondence, liaise with originators and forward once ready for signature.
- Scan documents and systematically file.
- Travel Support:
- Book air tickets, accommodation and make transportation arrangements for travelling directors and managers.
- Confirm itinerary
- Inquire about travel visas for foreign trips and where required, make the necessary arrangements to obtain the visas.
- Support the traveling Director/Manager with any other logistical needs and stay in touch until the traveler comes back to the home office.
- Perform any other administrative duties as assigned by the CEO or his / her designate.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Administrative Assistant (Executive Office) should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Office Management, BBA or related field.
- At least three years of administrative experience:
- Excellent communications skills (Written, Oral & Presentation)
- Computer literacy i.e. IT skills in MS Office (high Level)
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should send an application letter, an updated CV that provides details of the applicant’s specific qualification (copies of their “Academic Transcripts”) and in additionMUST include details of present position, current remuneration and contacts of three professional referees. Send your application using courier, hand delivery or e-mail to the following address: email@example.com.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Kindly indicate the post title in the subject line when applying by email.
Deadline: 30th July, 2015