Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Organisation: CIC Insurance Group Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
CIC Africa (Uganda) Limited (“the Company”) was incorporated on 22nd August, 2014 as a joint venture CIC Insurance Group Ltd of Kenya, and the cooperative movement of Uganda. The Company was incorporated to carry on all kinds of insurance business and all kinds of guarantee and indemnity business.
Job Summary: The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for the provision of professional financial and accounting services in accordance to International Accounting Standards and work guidelines for CIC Africa-Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enter transactions and update the general ledgers
- Prepare audit schedules and reports
- Quickly respond to customers queries
- Compute and update reserves
- Intuitively monitor and follow up receivables
- Document manual accounting process for automation
- Prepare and lodge statutory schedules and returns
- Ensure that sound accounting principles and controls are applied to all financial transactions.
- Ensure processing of tax schedules and timely submission of associated returns.
- Actively coordinate the audit process, attend to audit queries and implement audit recommendations.
- Monitor Company’s inflows and outflows, liaising with banks, cash flow reporting and forecasting.
- Ensure timely preparation of monthly management accounts.
- In charge of authorizing payments.
- Ensure prompt preparation and review of bank reconciliations.
- Monitor and review existing financial controls
- Ensure safe custody of company assets.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Assistant Accountant should hold a First Degree; BCOM (Accounting option) Business Administration or equivalent
- Professional Accounting Qualifications i.e. CPA or ACCA or equivalent.
- A minimum of three or more years in a supervisory position, at a busy accounting function in finance sector but preferably in the insurance industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy skills i.e. Microsoft Office, experience with computerised accounting applications preferably Turnquest and AIMS.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Conversant with issues related to the insurance industry, (Income tax and Insurance Acts.)
- Conversant with IFRS, accounting, taxation and commercial laws.
- Keen attention to detail.
- High degree of Integrity
- Highly Self driven.
- Possess a high degree of flexibility
- Be a good team Leader
- Show fairness and objectivity in work
- Highly productive
- Highly presentable
- Ability to work under pressure
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates who possess the necessary professional and academic qualifications are encouraged to send an updated resume to the address below indicating “Ref: Application for Assistant Accountant” in the subject of your email the job title.
Send to: The Group Human Resources Manager, CIC Insurance Group Ltd via E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 5th December, 2014.
NB: Please note only short listed candidate will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 31st December, 2014 consider your application unsuccessful.