Job Title: Business Development Coordinator
Organisation: Food for the Hungry (FH/U)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Country Director
Food for the Hungry (FH/U) is a Christian international relief and development organization that has been working in Uganda since 1989. FH is currently operating programs in Asia, Latin America and Africa with support offices in the UK, Canada, Switzerland, Sweden, United States of America and Japan. FH’s primary goal is to end all forms of poverty World-wide. In Uganda, FH is operational in the Districts of Adjumani, Kitgum, Lamwo, Kole, Kween, Mbale, Namutumba and Amudat Districts implementing programs in four main sectors of Education; Food Security and Livelihoods; Health/Nutrition and Disaster Risk Reduction; with the Head office located in Kampala.
Job Summary: Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Country Director (CD), this role will be part of the Business Development Team. The BDC is responsible for overall leadership in developing and executing strategies for grant acquisition goals in line with Food for the Hungry Uganda’s (FHU) Vision and purpose. Will also promote organizational growth and portfolio diversification and contribute to strategy development, donor cultivation, relations whilst positioning FHU as a partner of choice in both development and humanitarian assistance in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resource Mobilization (30%)
- Strategic partnerships development for business acquisition and growth (20%)
- Proposal Development and Leadership (30%)
- Build FH’s visibility and strengthen the organization’s brand (20%)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in Internal relations, business development, development studies/social sciences.
- Master’s degree in development studies/Social science, Organizational development, Business Administration, project management preferred.
- Six years of experience in resource mobilization marketing and communication USAID
- Typically, 6+ years of experience in resource mobilization, marketing and communication. USAID. UN. EU grant writing is an added advantage.
- Non-profit ministry experience is a plus.
- Program leadership experience that includes risk and compliance management, financial, and opportunity development
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- Good presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate and positively influence
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by Clearly stating the position applied for in the Subject line and submitting only electronic copies in one pdf file not more than 25MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, names/contact details of three referees, addressed to: The Human Resources Manager, Food for the Hungry Uganda Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Thursday 18th August, 2022 at 4:30pm.
NB: Please consider your application unsuccessful if you don’t hear from us by 15th September, 2022