Job Title: Supervisor Call Centre (Customer Service Jobs)
Organisation: Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Airport Operations Officer – Terminal
Job Ref: CAA/ADV/EXT/05/2015
Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) is a corporate body responsible for the regulation of civil aviation in Uganda. It manages Entebbe International Airport and 13 other aerodromes upcountry. CAA carries out its work in conformity with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPS).
Job Summary: The Supervisor Call Centre will support the Airport Operations Officer – Terminal through the management and direction of the operations of the airport Call centre to ensure smooth running and high quality of service to the public, in line with CAA mission statement.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Business Planning and budgeting Process: The incumbent will take part in preparing inputs and making contributions to departmental business plans, budgets and reviews
- Provision of Telephone Communication Service:
- Cordially attends to inquiry promptly and accurately
- Ensures that all numbers recorded on the dockets by operators have been successfully connected.
- Ensures that all staff in the section understand the general operations of CAA and be able to accurately route all calls timeously
- Makes sure that telephones are not abused and manages the costs within approved budget
- Ensures that delayed and suspended calls are retrieved regularly and that the client is kept updated on the state of the calls.
- Compiles telephone bills for each month.
- Provides practical training and mentoring to new operators on the equipment and on best practices
- In charge of preparing staff shifts for the subordinates
- Actively monitors and identifies system malfunctions and promptly reports irregularities to the fault-reporting centre.
- Monitors client fault reports and ensures they are attended to promptly.
- Staff Supervision:
- Mentors and supervises the section’s staff and ensures correct manning of all switchboards in accordance with operating standards.
- Allocates duties and delegates to staff effectively.
- Makes input in attraction, retention, motivation and development of staff.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Airport Operations Officer – Terminal.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) AssistantInformation Officer career opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Accounting, Information Technology, Project Management, Human Resource or Relevant Diploma relating to the above fields.
- At least three years’ experience for the degree holders and four (4) years for diploma holders in a call centre. Customer service team leadership role within a traditional inbound call centreenvironment providing voice and mail IVR self service solutions and other methods of providing customer service.
- The CAA Supervisor Call Centre should possess advanced PBX Administration;
- Past supervisory and management skills;
- Computer literacy skills
- Applicants with relevant courses in switchboard management will have an added advantage
- Age: Below 40 years
How to Apply for a job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the aviationindustry are encouraged to send their hand–written applications with detailed CVs and copies of academic certificates plus transcripts with the Job reference number (check beginning of this advert) clearly marked at the top left hand corner of the envelope should be sent to the address below, before close of business on. Please indicate your (day time) phone contact.
The Director Human Resource and Administration,
Civil Aviation Authority (Head Office),
P .O. Box 5536, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 6th July, 2015