[ Type: FULL TIME, Industry: Education & Training, Category: Education ]
Uganda Christian University (UCU)
Deadline of this Job:
10th June 2019
Within Uganda, Mukono, East Africa
Date Posted: 24th May 2019, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic Affairs)
Reports to: Vice Chancellor
Salary & Beneﬁts: Attractive & competitive.
Uganda Christian University (UCU) is a private institution founded in 1997 by the Province of the Church of Uganda. It equips students for productive, holistic lives of Christian faith and service.
UCU is seeking to recruit a highly motivated, innovative and committed person to ﬁll the position of Deputy Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs. This is a senior position within the University’s Management structure and the job holder is responsible for the administration, organization and quality of all academic matters including admission, undergraduate studies, post-graduate studies, examinations, research and publications…
Areas of Focus:
• Promoting and protecting the Christian identity of the University.
• Planning and implementing the University goals and objectives in the best interest of the Institution.
• Enforcing the quality of academic programmes, curricula, delivery processes and structures.
• Overseeing the teaching, examination and granting of academic qualiﬁcations of the University.
• Mobilizing resources for research, academic growth and development of the University.
• Promoting excellence of research, innovation and publication in the University.
• Overseeing the recruitment, retention, academic excellence, and holistic development of students on all UCU campuses.
• Managing the recruitment of academic staff in liaison with the Human Resource Department.
• leading, motivating and developing an excellent team of academic staff.
• Monitoring and evaluating academic staff performance.
• Monitoring and evaluating University academic performance.
• Networking and facilitating collaboration with partners and other universities to promote research and academic exchange.
• Marketing, promoting and harnessing the Intellectual Capital of the University.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Vice Chancellor.
Qualiﬁcations, Experience and Personal Attribute
• Must be a person of strong Christian faith and a member of the Church of Uganda or of the Anglican Communion Churches in fellowship with the Church of Uganda.
• Must be of high ethical standards, integrity and professionalism.
• A holder of a PhD at the rank of at least Senior Lecturer.
• Must have held a Senior Management position in a Higher Education Institution for at least ﬁve (5) years at the level of at least, Head ‘of Department.
• Demonstrable resource mobilization skills.
• Preference for a person who has been published in peer-reviewed national/international journals or books.
• Evidence of presentations at national / international conferences/seminars.
• Have the potential to promote learning and research in a competitive environment.
• Demonstrable initiative and innovation towards the academic growth of the University.
• Have an awareness of the legal framework for higher education in Uganda.
• Have an understanding and commitment to research and academic excellence.
• Demonstrate the capacity to learn and change, and to lead a team of academic staff.
• Literacy in ICTs and competency in MS Ofﬁce
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Send an application letter (hand delivered or electronically) clearly demonstrating suitability together with an updated Curriculum Vitae and three (Academic, Leadership, Pastoral) references.
Attach copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts.
Address it to; the Secretary Search Committee for the Position of Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic Affairs) Uganda Christian University
Po Box 4, Mukono
Deadline: 5:00p.m. Monday, 10th June 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.