FINCA Plus LLC a subsidiary of FINCA International is a product distribution company with a primary social mission of the provision of quality, affordable, cost saving and sustainable life enhancing products and services to underserved, low income people.
FINCA PLUS will initially provide renewable energy solutions to low income households and businesses eventually expand into other areas that enhance the basic quality of life of ordinary Ugandans, such as water, sanitation and health.
Job Summary: The Finance and administration manager (FAM) will report directly to the CEO of FINCA PLUS and will manage financial reporting, accounts payable, invoicing product sales, purchase and accounting of inventory, managing accounts receivable, cash management, tax management and budgeting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop financial, administrative and HR policies and procedures in accordance with the organizations strategic and operational plans
- Ascertain that there is accurate and timely closing and reporting of FINCA PLUS financial results with IFRS and statutory requirements
- Prepare balance sheets, statements of profits and losses, cash flows, assessment of financial performance, account/bank reconciliation and statutory reporting
- Actively facilitate internal and external audits
- Co-ordinate annual inventory of fixed assets
- Update and maintain accurate invoice tracking and detail records on vendor/ vouchers
- Handle all payments, payroll and maintain supporting documentation
- Responsible for invoice preparation, billing and collections from subsidiaries
- Manage cash reconciliations, monthly cash account and petty cash, bank deposits and deposit logs.
- Prepare annual budgets
- Address all tax management requirements
- Technically support contract/vendor management, office expenditures, inventory tracking and logistics
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should hold a good Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business
- Professional Accounting qualification i.e. ACCA or CPA (active license)
- At least five years of relevant accounting experience.
- The position requires strong accounting knowledge, analytical skills, a high level of attention to detail and capability to work independently.
- Prior experience in developing accounting manuals, policies and procedures
- Worked with at least one accounting computer system
- Past experience using IFRS as well as Uganda accounting standards
- Administrative and clerical knowledge of word processing, files and record management, designing forms and other office support applications
- Good working knowledge of Accounting Policies and Procedures
- Payroll and/or accounts payable/receivable and general ledger experience
- Financial analysis skills
- Computer skills – high proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point. Proficiency with accounting software.
- Budgeting and planning skills
- Skills in Tax Planning
- Excellent analytical skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers generate alternatives and drive positive change.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex financial information in an easy to understand manner; able to deliver message effectively verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated success in managing corporate controls.
How to Apply for the job:
All applicants are encouraged to send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references addressed to:
CEO of FINCA PLUS
FINCA international/Africa Hub Office
Plot 11 Adam House Block B
Tel No: 041-4340838
Deadline: Thursday, 9th October 2014 by 5PM