Job Title: IT Infrastructure Officer (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Housing Finance Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager IT Infrastructure
Housing Finance Bank, is a Commercial Bank and the leading provider of housing finance solutions with a vision to be the preferred consumer and business bank with a focus on housing finance.
Job Summary: The IT Infrastructure Officer will mainly configure, monitor and maintain the Bank’s user computing infrastructure including servers, desktops, laptops, UPS systems, ensuring availability of all. The role is responsible for patching all computing devices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, configure, upgrade servers, desktops, laptops, printers, scanners, UPS power systems of the Bank and monitor to ensure availability.
- Actively supervise preventive maintenance activities for all user computing devices and UPSs.
- Conduct periodic stock taking of bank’s user computing devices and UPS’s and build and maintain an updated device Inventory.
- Monitor and manage user device resource utilization, ensuring computing devices perform in line with SLA targets and anticipated business requirements.
- Regularly check user computing devices to ensure up to date anti-virus solutions are running, integrity of data.
- Provide weekly status report on user computing devices.
- Perform backup solutions to ensure compliance with documented disaster recovery policies.
- Upgrade, update and patch user desktops, laptops with relevant hardware and software patches, ensuring timely replacement of depreciated user computing devices and UPS’s.
- Provide hardware and software support to all Bank users.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor of Computer Science / Information Technology / Computer Engineering / Electrical and Electronic Engineering or its equivalent.
- ITIL certification qualification is required.
- VMware certification qualification is required.
- CISA certification is highly desirable.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in large Microsoft, Solaris, VMware, BPC/APC/EATON/TRIPLLITE-UPS and Cisco based enterprise environments.
- VMware, Windows server 2008 R2/2012 R2/2016, AD and exchange 2010/2013
- Managing Cisco network, brocade network switches and wireless technologies
- Managing UNIX and storage systems such as Netapp, Sun Oracle ZFS storage
- Strong knowledge of UPS power systems BPC, APC, EATON or / and TRIPLLITE
- Understanding of the OSI networking model and networking topologies, VOIP technologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of key protocols such as TCP/ IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP and SNMP
- Understanding of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Disaster recovery planning and implementation and back up
- Good knowledge of PC and server operating systems, corporate protection systems, programming with UNIX, SQL, knowledge of web design
- Networking knowledge covering LAN/VLAN/WAN technologies.
- Domain migrations and configuration to include DNS and DHCP knowledge.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Consistently approaches work with energy and positive, constructive attitude.
- Superior organization and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Keen attention to detail and skills in monitoring
- Positive and constructive attitude towards work
- Proven initiative, good judgement, and confidence
- Ability to meet deadlines without close supervision.
- Total commitment to quality and attention to detail
- Impeccable integrity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications with a recent CV, copies of all academic transcripts, certificates and testimonials, daytime telephone contact, postal and email address and three competent referees to:
Chief Human Resources Officer,
Housing Finance Bank,
Plot 4 Wampewo Avenue, Kololo
Please take note that all applications should be sent by email to Recruitment@housingfinance.co.ug
DO NOT HAND DELIVER YOUR APPLICATION.
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Guidelines for submitting Documents
- Ensure that all your documents are scanned and submitted in 1 single batch using the following order:
- Application letter
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Academic Documents and Certificates
- The maximum document size is 10 MB
- Please indicate the name of the position you are applying for in the subject.
Deadline: 17th March 2023 by 5:00pm