Organisation: Lutheran World Relief (LWR)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Lutheran World Relief is a US non-profit organization that works with local partners to provide lasting solutions to poverty, injustice and human suffering. LWF Uganda works to reduce people’s vulnerability, supporting them to realize their potential, to build on their assets, and to respond to their own problems and needs. LWF Uganda currently has five areas of operation in Pader, Kitgum, Adjumani, Katakwi, Sembabule, Kampala and Kamwenge Districts.
Job Summary: The Grants Manager will be responsible of developing high quality project proposals and concept notes for direct submission to key donors including ECHO, EuropeAid: UN Agencies and other major institutional donors. Developing log-frames, work-plans, budgets and monitoring processes/templates will be a key task, requiring hands-on work with the Uganda country program team ahead of and during the proposal development process. The Grants Manager will need the ability to adapt and quickly shift focus and/or agenda in response to changing priorities within the country program while taking on diverse tasks within the proposal development process from writing, developing monitoring plans, and providing administrative support.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and/or coordinate the submission/ response to calls including writing quality proposals in compliance with donor requirements.
- Carry out the necessary research to support the technical content of concept notes and proposals.
- The incumbent will conduct field visits, attend meetings and hold workshops with staff, necessary to develop and finalize the proposal (including the budgets, log frames and work plans),
- Finalize, package and submit proposals according to donor specifications, deadlines and LWF quality standards.
- Coordinate the hand-over of successful awards to the relevant implementing team in the Sub-Programs. This will include capacity- building of sub-program staff and kick-off meetings and workshops for successful grants, including compliance, reporting requirements, developing activity and monitoring plans.
- Work in liaison with the M&E team to develop and maintain program planning monitoring and evaluation tools to ensure that the project is implemented in a timely manner and that the progress of change is clearly tracked.
- Actively participate in monitoring and follow-up visits to ensure that the project is implemented in compliance with the LWF and donor regulations and requirements.
- Manage assigned grants’ reporting ensuring high-quality, well-written and timely reports (both financial and narrative) meeting donor and LWF requirements.
- Offer technical support and build capacity of the implementing project officers in identifying and addressing challenges or concerns.
- Update and maintain proper records and electronic filing systems of all documents (proposals, reports, M&E tools) related to the assigned grants.
- Perform any other tasks as needed and requested by the Program Coordinator.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Lutheran World Relief (LWR) Grants Manager career opportunity should hold a bachelor’s degree in humanitarian or development work, and/or other related social science courses.
- Several years of professional experience in humanitarian and development programs.
- Work experience with institutional donors including BPRM, Dfid, ECHO & EuropeAid is required.
- Experience with and knowledge of the rules and requirements of these donors is essential.
- Impeccable level of integrity and professional responsibility.
- High degree of flexibility, patience and ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and at times with little supervision.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication.
- Computer literacy skills
- Fluency in English
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications (One-page motivation letter, explaining the candidate’s suitability for the position and an updated Curriculum vitae (CV), with the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees and send via Email to: email@example.com
NB: Please do not include certificates for education, trainings, etc. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 1st September 2017