Organization: Agribusiness Initiative (aBi) Trust
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation
Q-Sourcing Limited is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda and South Sudan. They would like to recruit for a valuable client aBi Trust. The Agribusiness Initiative (aBi) Trust is an institution set up by the governments of Uganda and Denmark to support agribusiness initiatives in the country. In particular it is to support the private sector to increase their contribution to the agricultural sector by increasing productivity and competitiveness leading to poverty reduction through economic growth, wealth, and employment creation. The vision of aBi Trust is of “competitive private sector led agriculture in Uganda” with the mission to “promote private sector driven agribusiness development to enhance wealth creation in the country.” The aBi Trust achieves its mission and vision through interrelated subcomponents.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will support the aBi Trust M&E function through monitoring and evaluating projects, reporting, providing technical support to staff and IPs in Monitoring ,Evaluation, reporting. The M&E Officer will also offer technical support by ensuring that all grantees are using the right methodologies to Plan, implement, monitor, evaluate and report on their projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The job holder will support the process of defining, developing and revising the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) system as it applies to the aBi.
· Update and maintain the GIS system and tracking of indicators in collaboration with IT staff
· The job holder will maintain the M&E system and tracking of indicators.
· Retrieve and analyze data from the management information systems and write reports for management use in decision making
· Guide management on the use of information systems for better results
· Build capacity of team and Implementing Partners on M&E tools, analysis, data management and reporting in the aBi management systems.
· Work in liaison with consultants to set up the GIS system and ensure its adopted by staff, Implementing Partners
· The incumbent will support the IT department with technical assistance when called upon.
· Provide help desk and onsite technical support on hardware and software on IT, M&E and GIS systems
· Actively monitor and evaluate projects and write reports to Unit head.
· Render support in assembling relevant reports to Management, BOT and other development partners.
· Ensure data backup, import and export in M&E, GIS systems and other Management Information Systems
· Advise on manual data management like file naming, data to be filled and open up files for all Implementing partners.
· Perform any other duties as delegated by the Unit Head / Manager,Monitoring and Evaluation
Key Performance Indicators:
· Responsiveness to internal customer requests
· Efficiency in the maintenance of informative M&E System and GIS System
· Adhering to code of ethics
· Timeliness in the preparation of relevant reports.
· Performance Metrics under Execution Mastery
· Timeliness in completion of assigned tasks
· Effectiveness at execution of assigned tasks
· Efficiency at executing scheduled and adhoc assignments
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the aforementioned placement must hold a bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Economics, Statistics, Development studies from a recognized University coupled with exceptional technical skills in Monitoring & Evaluation, Data management, assessment. Post graduate qualifications/Masters in project planning and management,monitoring and evaluation would be an added advantage.
· At least six years’ experience in Monitoring and Evaluation function
· Broad knowledge and understanding of the DCED standard ofMonitoring and Evaluation
· Significant experience in agriculture donor funded projects is an added advantage.
· Demonstrated experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis as well as database management.
· Previous experience in facilitating meetings to reach a goal or consensus.
· Excellent analytical and report writing experience.
· Working knowledge of statistical packages and Databases.
· Familiarity with Donor Committee for Enterprise Development (DCED) Standard.
· Computer proficiency in Microsoft programs and report writing.
· Detailed understanding of advanced Monitoring and Evaluationconcepts.
· Very good competencies in statistics to analyse data and provide interpretations.
· Understanding of DCED standard of monitoring and evaluation.
· Good understanding of UEA standards
· Impeccable levels of integrity
· Keen on detail and execute duties within the set timelines
· Excellent report writing skills
· Excellent communications and presentation skills
· Strong organizational, interpersonal and management skills.
· Leadership qualities, personnel and team management (including mediation and conflict resolution).
· Evidence of results driven and results based management.
· Well-developed conceptual thinking skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested are encouraged to send their cover letters and updated CVs including three referees (send as one document) to our e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address all your applications to:
Human Resources Office,
Q-Sourcing Limited (U),
Plot 14/16 Semawata Road, Ntinda
P.O. Box 12883, Ntinda, Kampala, Uganda
· Kindly mark your application as “Application_ Monitoring and Evaluation Officer” in the subject line of your email.
· Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 21st November 2015