Job Title: Accounts Clerk (3 Job Vacancies)
St. Lawrence University is a well-established and reputable institution licensed by National Council for Higher Education which opened its doors to new students in August/September 2007. This University is unique because in every degree or diploma course offered it emphasizes Entrepreneurship, ICT (Information Communication Technology) Research Paper, and Empowerment in order to produce graduates who are self-reliant, versatile and who will answer the usually disturbing question of “after University what next.”
Job Summary: The Accounts Clerk will support the provision of financial and accounting support services in the University Accounts department in accordance with the governing financial regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Banking and collecting returns from the Bank.
- Receiving Bank drafts and receipting them.
- Recording payment of tuition and any other payments.
- Compiling and preparing period reports.
- Carry out any other duties that may be delegated by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidates should hold a Diploma in accounts or financial management or business studies/ Administration from a recognized awarding institution and 3 years working experience in accounts department. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or CPA is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in computer packages (Microsoft Excel, Word, Power point)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic legal knowledge.
Age: 25 years and above.
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates should send their hand written applications which must be accompanied by detailed curriculum vita, copies of academic qualifications and professional documents, certificates, names and addresses of three (3) referees addressed to:
The Human Resource Manager,
St. Lawrence University,
P.O. Box 24930, Kampala-Uganda Tel: 0776266166
and submitted to the University Human Resource Office.
Deadline: 1st August 2014