Job Title: Administrative Assistant
The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM), established in 2004, is a consortium of 42 universities in 19 countries of Eastern, Central and Southern Africa (ECSA). The organisation evolved from the Forum on Agricultural Resource Husbandry (FORUM) program of the Rockefeller Foundation. RUFORUM is registered as an International Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) and has mandate to oversee graduate training and networks of specialization in the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA). RUFORUM has an MoU with the African Union for strengthening science, technology and innovation capacity in Africa.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer secretarial services including drafting or typing letters, memos and other office communications or correspondences
- Establish and manage the registry for easy custody and retrieval of records.
- Offer routine information and correspondence between RUFORUM and its Stakeholders and attend to basic inquiries.
- Make travel arrangements and hotel bookings for the Secretariat, Delegates/ Guests and for various functions.
- Maintain and update staff records, health and travel insurance; schedule of staff leave and inventory of assets including supplies and equipment.
- Actively facilitate the procurement process
- Develop and maintain record of administrative contacts.
- Coordinate logistical support and provision of transport.
- Receive, record and forward incoming mail and correspondence and dispatch that which is outgoing.
- Supervise cleaning, security, maintenance and beautification, logistics services and implement health and safety standards.
- Oversee the stores including issuing of general supplies and sundries.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should hold a good Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource or business administration or related fields;
- Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- A minimum of three or more years of relevant experience
- Ability to relate well with others i.e. team player
- Excellent organization and filing skills .
- Computer literacy i.e. ability to use computer software applications that include Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Working knowledge of health and safety at the workplace.
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are encouraged to send their applications via email to Secretariat@ruforum.org, or delivered in hard copy (with CD enclosed containing soft copy) to:
The Executive Secretary
RUFORUM Secretariat, Plot 151 Garden Hill,
Makerere University, P.O Box 16811, Wandegeya
(Ref: RUF/JOB/….: ……………….)
Applicants should quote the reference number and job applied for, and should attach photocopies of necessary academic support documents, including letters from two referees. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Screening of applications will begin in November, 2014, and will continue until the post is filled.
Deadline: 20th October, 2014 by 5pm