Organisation: Uganda Christian University (UCU)
Duty Station: Mukono, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Communications & Marketing
Uganda Christian University was founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. The local chief, Hamu Mukasa, granted land for the college to operate in Mukono. International partnerships were part of the College’s missionary history. The Church Mission Society teamed with Ugandan leaders and others to assure the College had the necessary intellectual and other capital. By the late 1990s, the Church of Uganda sought to have a broader impact on society through the higher education – not only of clergy but of other professionals as well. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· In charge of cordially receiving and making telephone calls on behalf of UCU in order to respond to a range of inquiries from clientèle
· Receiving and directing calls to appropriate officers within the University
· Maintaining and regularly updating employee and departmentaldirectories
· Perform any other official duties as assigned by the Manager Communications & Marketing
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Call Center Operator vacancy must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Administrative & Secretarial Studies, Mass Communication or Information Technology with at least an upper second from a recognized institution of higher learning.
· At least a year of working experience performing similar tasks.
· Additional training in customer care will be an added advantage
· Good telephone etiquette, as the job holder will be required to make and receive a sizable amount of calls throughout the day.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
· Customer care and people management skills. The position holder must be courteous enough to handle clients with the highest level of professionalism
· Must have proficiency in use and customization of a wide range of social media networks.
· Knowledge of various computer office applications is a must.
· The incumbent should be fluent in both English and Luganda
· Must be a committed practicing Christian.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should send two (2) copies of an application letterclearly demonstrating suitability together with updated Curriculum Vitae and three references.( Academic, Leadership and Pastoral). Please remember to attach two (2) copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts and send to:
The Manager Human Resource & Administration
Uganda Christian University,
P.O. Box 4, Mukono. Uganda
Deadline: 20th November, 2015