Job Title: Jobs
DanChurchAid (DCA) is a faith-based Danish INGO working closely with church-based as well as secular MGOs in Uganda and in the Great Lakes region; Our programmes cover four main areas: Sexual and Reproduction Health rights including HIV/AIDS prevention and social support to people living with HIV/AIOS, Active Citizenship with a strong focus on good governance and democratization, Food Security as well as Humanitarian and Transitional Responses to conflict and natural disaster. DanChurchAid has supported emergency relief and development programmes in Uganda – including Karamoja – since 1979. DanChurchAid works through a gender-inclusive rights’ based approach, which is mainstreamed throughout all DanChurchAid programme types as well as within the organization.
Job Summary: The Global Funding Officer will mainly support the fundraising capacity and donor income of DanChurchAid’s Great Lakes Regional Office in Uganda. The GFO shall be the focal point and key responsible for timely proposal development – together with partner organisations and technical staff of DCA – ensuring that proposals meet the requirements of international donors as well as ensuring appropriate grants management of international funded projects. The GFO shall assist in building relations to and in increasing visibility of the DCA-GLRO office among donors, and ensuring that international donor funded projects meet the visibility and communication requirements of the donor(s). The GFO shall build the competence of DanChurchAid GLRO staff and partners to do their own fundraising from international as well as country based donors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate must hold a university degree in international development or other related social sciences.
- Documented successful experience in proposal development and writing.
- Detailed working knowledge of handling contracts of international donors including EU, USAid as well as other institutional donors
- Likes to liaise and raising the profile of DCA with donors
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and capacity to work with a partner-based approach.
- Flexible, pro-active, self-motivated and good at coordinating and organizing own work as well as that of the team.
- Paying attention to detail.
- Excellent English writing skills.
- Significant knowledge of and experience with private sector partnerships an absolute advantage.
- Knowledge of DCA’s programmatic areas is an advantage.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should e-mail their updated CVs and cover letters explaining their suitability for the post, including three work-related referees and copies of certificates to the following address:
People Performance Group Plot 8 Kitante Close, Kitante
Deadline: 5th September 2014