Job Title: Senior Information Officer
Organization: Public Service Commission
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref. No.: HRM 63/77/01 Vol. 1 (91)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly monitoring and inspecting the media operations to ensure their compliance with media standards and policies as spelt out in media related statutes;
- Establishing and maintain linkages with District Information Officers throughout the country;
- Carrying out regular monitoring and inspection programmes for government, Districts and private media;
- Researching and producing regular monitoring and inspection progress evaluation reports and participating in regular website update.
- Designing, establishing and maintain monitoring and inspection mechanism of information and communication sub-section country wide;
- Monitoring the implementation of the National ICT Policy and tender appropriate advice;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Senior Information Officer must be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelors degree in either Mass Communication or Journalism, or any other related field from a recognized University. Possession of a minimum of a Post Graduate Diploma in a related field shall be an added advantage.
- Applicants should have a minimum of three (3) years relevant working experience gained at the level of Information Officer in Government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication;
- Good computer skills, ability to coach and develop subordinates, knowledge of Administration and Management.
Age: Between 21 years and above
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to fill in applications in triplicate and submit them to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, P.O. Box 7080, Kampala, Uganda. The Application and Summary Forms are obtainable from the Public Service Commission Office, 2nd Floor, Farmers House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala, Ministry/Department Headquarters and District Service Commission Offices, or can be downloaded from the PSC website, download here . Hand written applications are also acceptable.
- Application forms should bear the title of the post followed by the Reference Number specified against the vacancy. The appropriate Advert Title e.g. “PSC Internal Advert. No. 2/2014” should be indicated in capital letters on the top of each first page of the Public Service Form No. 3 (2008). Applicants should attach three sets of photocopies of their certificates and testimonials. Applicants subsequently shortlisted for oral interviews shall be required to present certified copies and originals of their academic transcripts and certificates at the time of sitting the Oral Interviews.
- Applicants should attach three (3) recent certified passport size photographs and should apply for a maximum of only two (2) posts clearly indicating the first and second choice on the application.
Deadline: 28th September, 2014