Job Title: Procurement Officer
The Uganda Export Promotion Board (UEPB) is a public agency set up by an Act of Parliament: The Uganda Export Promotion Board Act. The Board, supervised by the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Cooperatives, was set up with the main objective of facilitating the development, promotion and coordination of all export-related activities that lead to export growth on a sustainable basis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing and updating the procurement plan of all procurements in liaison with the user departments
- Intuitively reviewing requisitions in order to establish the correctness of specifications
- Developing specifications/TORs and refining BOQ’s for various procurements of goods, services and works and issuing the various tender documents such as, Quotations &Proposals;
- Maintaining a high quality procurement system, which is accountable, transparent and compliant with PPDA rules and procedures
- Ensuring active monitoring of the purchasing process up to the delivery of the goods and the official handover of items against signature of receipt.
- Ensuring that the filing system to record and archive all procurements is rigorously maintained
- Ensuring the maintenance of a supplier database and developing robust local supplier relationships
- Responsible for the management of providers and ensuring timely provision of services
- Preparation of local purchase orders/contracts for providers
- Overseeing the evaluation of bids for all the requirements
- Preparation of monthly reports for submission to the PPDA
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants must possess an honors Degree in Procurement, Business Administration, or Commerce; or post graduate qualifications in procurement. One must be a full member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS)
- At least two (2) years relevant professional experience in a busy organization, preferably a public entity.
How to Apply for the job
All candidates should send their applications, including detailed CV – must have a day time telephone contact and three referees – and copies of academic documents, should be addressed to The Chairperson, UEPB Board of Directors, P.O Box 5045 Kampala and submitted to Office of the Executive Director, Floor 5, Conrad Plaza, Plot 22 Entebbe Road (either by registered mail or hand delivered). Electronic applications should be sent to email@example.com.
Please indicate on top of the envelope the position you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: An attractive remuneration package will be paid to successful applicants.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 3rd October 2014 by 5:00 PM