Job Title: Recruiting & Training Officer
Organisation: Bridge International Academies
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 2123
Aikan HR Consultants seeks to recruit for its valuable client, Bridge International Academies, the world’s largest chain of primary and pre-primary schools bringing world-class education to the poorest of the poor, democratizing the right to succeed.
Bridge leverages research, technology, and data analysis in order to standardize and scale the entire lifecycle of high-quality education delivery and to drive continuous improvement across all aspects of operations. This includes how academies are built, teachers are selected and trained, lessons are delivered and monitored for improvement, and more. Bridge pupils gain an additional .34 standard deviation on core reading skills and an additional .51 standard deviation on maths compared to their peers in neighboring schools, based on USAID-designed exams administered by an independent monitoring and Evaluation Company – this translated into over 250 additional days of learning. Thanks to economies of scale, Bridge is able to charge just $6 a month per pupil on average with academies reaching operational sustainability after just one year.
Job Summary: The Recruiting & Training Officer will steer the Ugandan Teacher Training Programme, ensuring that our 3 – week long training program is delivered with integrity, quality and systemization. The incumbent will work closely with the global training team who will design the training sessions. It will be your responsibility to provide feedback to ensure the trainings are appropriate for Uganda and meet the needs of your teachertrainees. As the first member of the training team you will start serving in the role of a trainer, executing the teacher -training program for the first batch of trainees. Following the first training you will hire training associates, train them and then oversee their execution of the next training.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understanding the needs of Ugandan teacher trainees and providing thorough feedback to the content team and work with them to contextualize our global training content to Uganda.
- Responsible for the hiring and training our training associates who will execute the teacher – training program.
- The incumbent will be tasked with developing a facilitator – training program and materials including videos, manuals, professional development sessions etc. and videos.
- Responsible for training, coaching and supporting to new facilitators as they begin new roles.
- Observing and appraising facilitators according to the Bridge Training criteria for presentation skills and group management.
- Managing the execution of each training to ensure that all sessions and activities are executed as planned.
- Working in liaison with the administration, HR, technology and other departments to ensure that the training runs smoothly and that all trainee needs are met.
- Working closely with the operations teams to understand hiring needs and implementing the selection process at training to make hiring decisions.
- In charge of documenting and addressing all trainee concerns and questions.
- Evaluating training and creating a detailed report at the conclusion of each training.
- Giving suggestions, ideas and feedback with an aim to improve the training program
- Providing on- going training for serving teachers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Recruiting & Training Officer should hold a relevant Bachelor’s Degree
- At least two years’ teaching experience with proven track record of achieving high academic outcomes with pupils.
- At least three years’ experience in teacher training or school leadership.
- Past Management and Supervisory Experience is mandatory
- Computer literacy i.e. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint required.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their applications by clicking on this link.
Please upload the following in your application; an updated CV / resume (PDFor Word Format) which should include your contact information and three work related references and a one page statement describing your suitability for the role should be included.
Deadline: 31st July 2015