Job Title: Security Supervisor
The National Social Security Fund (NSSF) is positioning itself to be the Social Security Provider of Choice in Uganda. Our belief at the Fund is that each employee contributes directly to the growth and success of the business and each employee is expected to take pride in being a member of the team. With our shared purpose of being the Social Security Provider of Choice providing exceptional customer service with a workforce that is well motivated and skilled, we are looking to recruit people with high integrity, dedication and commitment for vacant positions above.
Job Summary: The NSSF Security Supervisor will work alongside the manager to oversee security operations and staff for an efficient, effective and value-adding security management services in the fund.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively coordinate security activities and ensure timely reporting and operation of outsourced security personnel.
- Manage outsourced security firms. Co-ordinate the opening and locking of offices and take custody as well as record keys for Fund offices at the head office
- Work closely with external security agencies and specialized private security and safety service providers on matters of security of the Fund and stakeholders
- Work in consultation with Property Manager and Property Agent to ensure fire drills are done including availability and training of fire marshals, ensure regular testing of smoke detectors and fire alarm systems is done, and also ensure that all emergency equipment undergoes regular servicing.
- Monitor daily branch security operation
- Update staff details and contacts in the system
- Actively participate in designing, implementation and review of security management processes, flows and policies.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should hold a Diploma in any field from a recognised University or institution with experience in the Police force or military service as a MUST.
- The candidates should possess official discharge letters from police or military service.
- A minimum of 3 (three) years of experience in Police or military service.
- Good Managerial skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good team ethic
- Good problem solving skills
- Good decision making skills and ability
- Excellent analytical skills
- Computer skills
- Supervisory skills
- Driving skills
How to Apply for the job:
If you meet the above requirements and desire to join NSSF, please send your capability statement and enclose a CV of not more than 3 (three pages) including three referees and copies of academic and professional certificates/testimonials, postal address, email address and daytime telephone contact addressed to:
The Head of Human Resources & Administration PLOT 1, Pilkington Road,
13th Floor Workers House.
P.O. Box 7140, Kampala – Uganda.
Please indicate the position applied for on the envelope
(Application for the position of with the reference number).
Deadline: 12th September, 2014 by 5PM