Abt Associates, a global leader in research, technical assistance, and program implementation, seeks qualified candidates for a 5-year, Mbarara-based, USAID-funded integrated health project. The program will advance key aspects of USAID/Uganda’s HIV/AIDS, Health, and Education (HHE) strategy and expand the public sector’s contribution to achieving the country’s health goals.
The program objectives include: Strengthening decentralized HIV/TB and other priority health service delivery systems; Improving the quality and efficiency of health services in facilities and communities; Strengthening referrals systems to improve access to, use and coverage of services; and Improving demand generation activities for services in communities.
- The incumbent will technically offer technical support in the development, management, and monitoring of project budgets, accurate financial reports, and projection of funding needs.
- The Senior Accountant will also be responsible for records expenditures, income, and any other related transactions, in the books of accounts.
- The job holder will also prepare payment vouchers and corresponding checks.
- Prepares payroll and other regular payments with due consideration to deductions (for advances, loans, taxes, etc).
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations. Assists in the implementation of the internal control system and financial procedures manual of the company.
- The ideal candidates must hold a master’s degree in a finance / business administration- related discipline, prior donor-funded experience related to health, and an outstanding professional reputation.
- Past experience and exposure with USAID programs within the region desired.
- Eight or more years’ professional experience managing financial and contractual aspects of large international development projects, preferably USAID-funded projects.
- Extensive experience managing and supervising financial and procurement management personnel.
NB: Please kindly include Position Title in Subject of the E-mail. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.