1 Marketing and 2 Credit Interns
Jobs at: Cycle Connect
Deadline of this Job:
30th October, 2019
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Cycle Connect is seeking to recruit 1 Marketing and 2 Credit Interns to provide support to its growing office. Cycle Connect is a young, growing organisation. As a result, we are looking for flexible, dynamic, and hard-working individuals who embrace changing environments.
About Cycle Connect:
Cycle Connect is delivering the products and services to rural farmers to unlock potentials and propel communities forward. To catalyze farmers to realize their potential Cycle Connect offers asset financing directly to the Base of the Pyramid (BoP). Our first product, a bicycle, connects farmers to market and other basic life needs. Our portfolio is growing with new assets that push upward mobility. We’re dedicated to serving farmers who are financially excluded and yet need access to assets on credit. We are a social driven business. We are committed to our impact and the farming customers we serve, but we see the need for business opportunities in community development.
To date we’ve disbursed over 4,000 loans and are focused on another 3,000 in the coming twelve months.
Length of contract: This is a full-time position six-month contract, with the ability to extend or move into a staff position..
Roles and responsibilities of the Intern:
The Interns duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Providing support to Cycle Connect’s Marketing Officers and Loan Officers during loan cycle
● Traveling to the field regularly to assist in sensitizations of communities, bicycle distributions, and loan repayments.
● Data entry of client applications and monitoring and evaluation surveys
● Identifying potential oxen and plough clients, and collecting data from local market days
● Assisting in the design and implementing research projects to understand customer satisfaction and community opinions on loan terms and conditions
● Providing translation to Cycle Connects international staff members
● General administrative duties including filing Cycle Connect documents, photocopying, and
● Any other duties as may arise.
Personal attributes needed to work at Cycle Connect:
• Excellent communication skills
• Flexibility and ability to work on diverse team
• Strong interest in learning ways in which business solutions can be incorporated into development organisations
• Willing and eager to work non-traditional business hours to ensure tasks are completed
• Well organized individuals
Qualifications for role:
• Minimum qualification of diploma from recognized university or college.
• Preference will be given to those with agriculture/finance degrees or diplomas
• Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office and Excel required
• Fluency in English is required; speaking Luo (Acholi, Langi) is an added advantage.
• Minimum of 6 months experience in sales or credit.
• Ability to ride a motorbike is an added advantage but not a must.
Why work with us?
• At Cycle Connect, we are constantly seeking to build the best company. This means we take your feedback seriously and you can see your individual efforts in improved procedures.
• While our team is result-oriented, we also have a lot of fun. We enjoy team meals and games after
You will work out of our office in Gulu. Expect to spend about 50% of your time in the field. Working hours are Monday to Friday 9:00am to 6:00pm.
Job Experience Requirements: Minimum of 6 months experience in sales or credit.
Job application procedure
Apply online here:
Marketing Intern https://www.shortlist.net/jobs/1562/cycle-connect/marketing-intern
Credit Intern: https://www.shortlist.net/jobs/1561/cycle-connect/credit-intern
Or Visit www.cycleconnect.org to apply. Please note that only online applications are being accepted.
Deadline for receiving applications is 30th October, 2019.