Vacancy title: Nutrition Coordinator
Type: FULL TIME
Jobs at: Sign of Hope (SoH)
Deadline of this Job: 04 March 2020
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Amudat , East Africa
Sign of Hope (SoH) is an International, Interdenominational Humanitarian Relief and Development Cooperation Organization with a background in Christian faith as a shared set of values and basic motivating factors. SoH is guided by the core values of sympathy, charity and solidarity. Having registered with the NGO board in Uganda, SoH is currently implementing a Health and Nutrition Program in Kosike village, Amudat District in collaboration with the Diocese of Moroto with the aim of bringing health activities closer to the people so as to improve service delivery in the Karamoja Region. .
Duties & Responsibilties
• Implementation of the SoH Nutrition Programme including Community-Based Management of Severe/Moderate Acute Malnutrition (SAM and MAM) initiatives in the field.
• The Nutritionist will ensure timely execution of nutrition programme activities based on assessed and verified needs.
• Liase with the District nutrition team on possible ways to manage SAM and MAM cases, community volunteers and provide them with necessary support.
• Conducting a nutrition community assessment and home visits for complex cases
• Help in organizing regular review meetings to assess progress, issues and undertake steps for further improvement at field level.
SIGN OF HOPE-NUTRITION COORIDNATOR ADVERT-2020
• Give weekly briefs on nutrition status of beneficiaries of nutrition
• Represent SoH in nutrition meetings within the District
• Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly reports on nutrition
• Conduct case-finding and record success stories for the continuity of the
• Train community members on diet and practical’s in basic agriculture like
kitchen gardens, vegetable growing
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Nutrition & Dietetics
• Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Health will be an added
• Working experience of at least 2 years working as nutritionist
• Must be able to develop success stories for SOH
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software especially Word
• Ability to speak any locally used languages: Kiswahili, Ngakarimojong
and Pokot. Pokot language will be added advantage.
• Demonstrable report writing skills
• Must be able to live and work in remote locations.
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply and submit a motivation letter stating your salary expectation and CV with contacts of 3 professional referees to: Human Resource Manager Sign of Hope- Uganda through email address: [email protected] quoting the position you are applying for as a subject.
Hand deliver your application at Sign of Hope Office in Kosike or Amudat Catholic parish before Close of business on 4rd March 2020.
Any kind of lobbying or soliciting for the job will lead to automatic disqualification. Sign of Hope is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.