Job Title: Psychosocial Care Program Associates (42 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Ministry of Health (MOH)
Duty Station: AIDS Control Program AGYW Unit, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Program Officer – Paediatric and Adolescent HIV Care and Treatment
The Ministry of Health (MOH) has received a grant from the Center for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC) Cooperative Agreement (CoAg), a strategic mechanism of the United States Government (USG) to implement activities in line with its mandate in support of the Public health response to HIV/AIDS and other health systems. CDC will be supporting a pool of Human Resources that are expected to lead the implementation of the grant. The staff to be recruited under this grant will be contracted by the MOH. The contracts are for one (1) year renewable subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance of the staff
Job Summary: Supporting scale up of implementation of Psychosocial support interventions across the country.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting psychosocial support trainings for regional and district psychosocial support trainers and mentors to improve the quality of PSS provided to PLHIV.
- Conducting facility competence based psychosocial support trainings for both health workers and community-based health workers to improve the quality of PSS provided to PLHIV.
- Conducting post training mentorship for district and regional psychosocial support trainers and mentors to continuously build their competences to provide onsite PSS mentorships for health workers to provide quality PSS services.
- Conducting psychosocial support technical support supervision and mentorships for health workers to improve their competences in providing psychosocial support services to PLHIV.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Activity Lead.
- Psychosocial support trainings conducted.
- Post training mentorships conducted.
- Psychosocial technical support supervisions conducted.
Key Performance Indicators
- Reports on trainings, mentorships and technical support supervisions conducted.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a degree preferably Medical or Psychology or Social Sciences biased
- At least five years of experience working on AGYW implementation activities; support supervision, mentorship and coaching, capacity building and quality improvement.
How to Apply:
Handwritten applications should be Hand Delivered to the Central Registry of the MOH Headquarters-Kampala between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Health Headquarters (Central Registry)
Plot 6, Lourdel Road, Wandegeya
Please include your telephone number and email contacts on the application. Applicants should attach the following:
- Recent passport-size photograph.
- Copy of the National Identity Card.
- Detailed curriculum Vitae.
- Copies of the academic certificates and transcripts.
- Two recommendation letters from two of the most recent supervisors/employers.
- A photocopy of your appointment letter for your most recent position.
- Candidates employed by the Public Service or Local Governments should attach a clearance from employers and submit together with application letter)
(Candidates who fail to provide the above documentation will not be considered)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The list of shortlisted candidates will be displayed on the MOH Noticeboard
Deadline: 21st June 2022 at 5:00pm