Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 31 networked branches and four contact offices countrywide, an equal opportunity employer, regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003.
Job Summary: The Cashier will be responsible for processing and posting all across-the-counter cash transactions on behalf of Pride in accordance to set policies and procedures.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take deposits and pay customers across the counter and ensure that all deposit and withdrawal transactions are handled with accuracy and according to laid down policies and procedures.
- Scrutinize and verify the details of each transaction to ensure that the Company is protected against fraudsters and money laundering.
- Exercise prudence and safeguard cash and other valuable items/ instruments such as cheques, controlled stationery, stamps etc, in his/her custody during the course of duty.
- Promptly post all transactions made in a day.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- All candidates should hold Diplomas in Commerce, Economics, Microfinance, Development Economics, Development studies, Business studies, International Business, Accounting and Finance, Marketing, Financial Services, Business Computing, Business Statistics, Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management, Social Sciences, SWASA, Education or in any other relevant / related field.
- The candidates should also possess 2 principle passes at A’ Level and credit passes in English and Mathematics at O’ Level.
- Willingness to work in any part of the country.
- The applicants should have good customer awareness
- High emotional intelligence, Oral Communication
- Excellent written communication and reporting skills
- Inter personal skills, Business acumen
- Customer awareness, Cross-selling
Age: less than 28 years
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to the: Head Human Capital Management, Pride Microfinance Limited, Victoria Office Park, Block B, Plot 6 -9, Ben Kiwanuka Okot Close, P.O. Box 7566, Kampala, Uganda.
The complete applications should include a detailed curriculum vitae, three referees, copies of academic transcripts, copy of riding permit, postal address and a daytime telephone contact.
Deadline: 27th October, 2014