Job Title: Trade Finance Officer (Entry Level Job Opportunities)
Organisation: I&M Bank Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager, Credit Administration
I&M Bank is a leading banking and insurance group in Eastern Africa with a presence in Kenya, Mauritius, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda. I&M Bank Uganda is a commercial bank headquartered at Kampala Road plot 6/6A with a growing regional presence. The Bank offers a wide range of commercial banking and financial products and services, and prides itself on introducing innovative products and services based on the needs of its customers.
Job Summary: The Trade Finance Officer will mainly develop and implement strategies that facilitate excellent customer service delivery of the Bank’s Trade Finance services, develop and sustain a customer-focussed service delivery framework, facilitate and assist in international operations product development and knowledge dissemination across the Bank network.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with the credit policy, all regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Ensure strict adherence to pre-disbursement and post disbursement conditions.
- Ensuring that security documentation is perfected before drawing down of credit facilities.
- Work in partnership with the legal department to ensure all requisite documentation is provided and properly executed prior to disbursement.
- Ensuring proper approval for all credit facilities and facility utilization is within limit.
- Effectively handle, check and evaluate export documents and other trade documents in line with UCP 600, URC 522 rules to suit client needs and meet the bank targets.
- Preparation of daily and weekly LC, FIBC/FOBC and documentary collection reports.
- Preparation of monthly Trade Finance transaction volume report by 5th of every month.
- Ensure 0% error rate in transaction processing of transactions
- Reconciliation of all Nostro accounts designated under responsibility of the role holder and advise Treasury in line with the bank’s operational requirements
- Ensure SWIFT remittances are correctly input
- Preparation of confirmations for Guarantees for BOU
- Ensure that 3rd party screening is carried out on all LC beneficiaries before the LCs are transmitted.
- Ensure LCs are closed accordingly
- Ensure reconciliation of all GL accounts pertaining to Trade finance
- Preparation of monthly guaranteed report
- Facilitate and assist in Trade finance business product development and knowledge dissemination across the Bank
- Perform other duties as required by Manager Credit administration
Key Performance Indicators:
- Turnaround time in response to requests for Trade products.
- Error rate in transaction processing of LCs and documentary collections.
- Satisfactory rating for BOU, internal Audit and Compliance reviews.
- Customer satisfaction Level
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a First degree in any discipline with a minimum of a second class lower.
- Professional qualification and post-graduate qualification in Business related Field is an added advantage
- At least two (2) years cognate experience in Banking with a minimum of two years in in Trade Finance operations.
- Hands-on experience in International Trade operations
- In-depth understanding of the relevant Local and international regulations
- Banking Operations and control policies
- Trade Service products and dynamics
- Good knowledge of international banking operations
- Analytical, Investigative and problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal and Computer skills
- Understanding Risk Management and Internal Control
- Sound understanding of the banking industry
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent relationship management
- Results-driven orientation & multi-tasking disposition
- High integrity
- Satisfactory Customer Service Disposition
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 15th August 2022