Job Title: Driver
The Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) a body corporate established by the Uganda Communications Act No.1 of 2013 is inviting applications from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the following vacant position in its directorate:
Job Summary: The Driver will mainly provide transport services and maintain vehicles in line with Directorate’s mission.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pick and deliver Commission personnel and items to and from the Commission office as assigned by the Administrator in line with laid out procedures;
- Follow up and ensure planned routine servicing, maintenance of the Commission’s vehicle in line with the Directorate’s mission;
- Maintain up to date records of vehicles movement, performance and maintenance in line with Directorate’s mission;
- Ensure the vehicles movements are in line with the laws and regulations to ensure security and safety;
- Compile and submit regular reports on the conditions and performance of vehicles.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Possess a valid Driving Permit;
- The applicant must also hold a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education or its equivalent;
- At least five (5) years of clean driving experience of 4WD vehicle with a reputable organization.
- Possession of a diploma in motor vehicle mechanics and /or defensive driver training is an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
Age: 30-45 years
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates should send their applications via e-mail to: email@example.com
NB: The scanned copies of academic and professional credentials and testimonials MUST be attached to the applications. In case your documents cannot go through electronically, please call this Toll Free Line: 0800133911 for assistance.
Deadline: Friday, 15th August 2014 by 5PM