Job Title: Computing Assistant (2 Vacancies)
Nkumba University is a private chartered University. Its mission is to provide an environment that enables the cultivation of competence, creativity and character in the academic, professional and social interactions. The University is strengthening its management and administrative systems to enhance both policy initiation and implementation through assigning extra responsibilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance to computer lab users
- Maintain computer rooms and hardware in the required standard
- Quickly attend to queries raised by users in the computer labs
- Ensure that the computer lab policies are adhered to by the users
- Update and maintain the inventory of computers and accessories in the laboratory
- Quickly report faults in the computer laboratory and where possible initiate full service restoration
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The computing assistants should possess degrees in computer Science or Information Technology
- Practical experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills
- High degree of personal integrity and innovative skills
- Computer literacy skills
- Skills in customer care
- Good counselling skills
Age: 25 – 40 years
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates who so wish to join the University should submit (by post or hand delivery) with 13 copies of the indicated required documents to the address below.
The required documents for each application copy are;
- Dully filled application form, download here, indicating telephone number and e-mail addresses.
- Detailed curriculum vitae.
- Copies of Certificates and Transcripts.
- Three sealed letters of reference.
The University Secretary
P.O. Box 237
Deadline: 15th September, 2014