KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services, with an industry focus. The aim of KPMG is to turn knowledge into value for the benefit of our clients, people, and the capital markets.
KPMG has a notable African Footprint’ serving clients across the continent. Our East African practice comprises Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda. The Nairobi office serves as the regional coordinating office providing the required networking to facilitate delivery of services on a timely basis to meet and exceed our clients’ expectations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offering high quality, professional day-to-day execution of IDAS engagements and special projects.
- Compile and complete own engagement reports within the agreed time frames upon completion of each engagement
- Share new knowledge gained from attending trainings or participating in new client engagements, through a learning hour to peers in the department within one month of such event.
- Complete engagements within the budgeted time and ensure that any budget overruns are recovered and communicated on a timely basis
- Take part in the identification of new business opportunities and notify the relevant managers for follow and contribute to the writing of proposals.
- Ensure good relationship with clients is maintained in the process of performing client work.
- Reviewing/documenting client’s business processes and assessing the design and operating effectiveness.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the KPMG job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a business related course (Commerce, Economics, Finance etc) or science based degree
- Professional qualifications in either CPA, ACCA, or CIA;
- At least four years’ experience in external audit environment of an international Audit firm.
- Passion for development work
- Possess the ability to travel and work on assignments in the East African Region and beyond
- Exceptional report writing skills
- Well developed investigative and problem solving abilities;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and deal effectively with individuals at all levels;
- Possess the ability to adapt methodologies and techniques to unique circumstances;
- Creativity, energy and enthusiasm and proven communication, interpersonal skills at a high level;
Age: Between 25 and 30 years of age
How to Apply for the job:
If you are up to the challenge, please send the following; an application letter addressed to the Senior Manager Human Resources KPMG, P.O. Box 3509, Kampala with an updated Curriculum Vitae (not longer than 5 pages) citing relevant experience plus three (3) competent references to email@example.com
Deadline: Friday, 10th October 2014