Job Title: Procurement Officer
Organisation: National Drug Authority (NDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Procurement
The National Drug Authority (NDA) is an autonomous body which was established by the National Drug Policy and Authority Act Cap 206 , Laws of Uganda (2000 Edition) to regulate Human and Veterinary Medicines and other healthcare products. NDA’s mandate is to ensure quality, safety and efficacy of human and veterinary medicines and other healthcare products through the regulation and control of their production, importation, distribution and use.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will support the procurement and disposal unit to effectively procure goods, services and works in accordance with the PPDA Act & PPDA Regulations, 2014.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle all micro-procurements in accordance with the PPDA Guidelines and Regulations.
- Coordinate the preparation of a Consolidated Procurement Plan and Disposal
- Plan in line with NDA approved budget and follow up for smooth execution.
- Issue all solicitation documents to suppliers and ensure that proper procedures of issuing of bids are followed as per PPDA Regulations.
- Prepare monthly procurement reports and ensure their timely submission to PPDA.
- Receive all bids from suppliers and ensure that proper procedures of receipt of bids are followed as per PPDA Regulations.
- Organize for opening of bids and ensure that bid openings are carried out in line with PPDA regulations.
- Ensure safe custody of the bid security, performance security, advance payment security, letters of credit and ensure that the process of discharging the bonds after the validity period is done as per PPDA Regulations.
- Participate in evaluation of bids and compilation of evaluation reports in line with PPDA Guidelines and Regulations, 2003.
- Ensure that all information like bid notices, notice of best-evaluated bidder, notification of award are displayed and posted on NDA Notice Boards and PPDA Website.
- Enter data into the PPDA Government Portal.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Drug Authority (NDA) Procurement Officer job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management.
- Chartered Institute Purchasing &Supply (CIPS) professional qualification.
- At least five (05) years hands on working experience in a reputable organisation.
- Computer knowledge including, but not limited, to MS Word, Excel, Navision, Power Point and Access.
- Knowledge of PPDA Act and PPDA Regulations.
- High integrity.
- Good judgment and strong communication skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send a cover letter, copies of your academic qualifications together with your Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating three (3) referees of whom one (1) should be your current or most recent employer. Please deliver your application pack in hard copy to National Drug Authority Office, First Floor, Rumee, Plot 19 Lumumba Avenue Opposite TWED Plaza, or through post office P.O. BOX 23096, Kampala Uganda.
Deadline: 1st November 2018