Organisation: Save the Children International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Save the Children International is an international relief organization that was established in the United Kingdom in 1919 to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold at least a Master’s Degree or higher or equivalent field experience
- Experience of working within and managing emergency responses or fragile state setting; and/or extensive experience of setting up responses.
- Project and budget management, and budgeting skills.
- Experience of managing different donor projects.
- Experience in representation with key stakeholders, and co-ordination with other NGOs/UN
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Experience of developing and negotiating successful partnerships with institutional donors
- Proven ability to influence change at an operational and strategic level.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC.
- Good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Experience of M&E and beneficiary accountability systems.
- Experience of working in insecure environments.
- Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments
- Where we Work -Where We Work | Save the Children International
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Save the Children should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 18th November 2022