Organization: DanChurchAid (DCA)
Duty Station: Uganda
Report to: Management & M& E Officer
DanChurchAid (DCA) is a faith-based Danish INGO working closely with church-based as well as secular NGOs in Uganda and in the Great Lakes region. Their programmes cover two main areas: Active Citizenship with a strong focus on good governance and democratization, and Food Security including Humanitarian and Transitional Responses to conflict and natural disaster. DanChurchAid has supported emergency relief and development programmes in Uganda since 1979. DanChurchAid works through partners and with a gender-inclusive rights-based approach, which is mainstreamed throughout all DanChurchAid programme types as well as within the organization.
Job Summary: The Data Management Assistant will be responsible for data capture of electronic voucher and mobile money electronic systems, data entry and validation, extraction, reformat/transform, analysis, and Loading of data into the different software systems developed in-house. This job includes supporting the DMME Officer on monitoring and development of mobile monitoring tools with field staff. It involves beneficiary data collection, data cleaning, loading, exporting and importation of data. The incumbent will be responsible for weekly & monthly e-shilling top ups and management of records; The job include assisting extension workers in troubleshooting on hardware, vendor gadgets/equipment with direct communication with the service provide; developing e-invoices and documents for audit and planning logistics and materials needed for the activities to be carried out.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the DanChurchAid Data Management Assistant job placement must hold a Diploma in Statistics/ Computer programming and related field
- One year of professional experience
- Computer literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint) with ability to work with data bases and statistical software packages
- Previous exposure and experience in cash-based programming and familiarity with Mobile Monitoring Technology (MMT)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write good reports
- Previous experience with other local and international NGOs
- Knowledge of local languages would be an added advantage
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should mail their applications letters, together with updated CVs and contact details of three work-related references, to email@example.com with the subject line referring to the exact job title.
Deadline: 2nd January 2017