Vacancy title: 5 Drivers and Tractor Operator
Type: FULL TIME
Category: Transportation & Logistics
Jobs at: Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries
Deadline of this Job: 06 May 2020
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Entebbe , East Africa
National Animal Genetics Resources Centre and Data Bank, a body corporate under the Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries its mandate is to take a leading role in establishing a comprehensive National Animal Breeding Programme in Uganda, wishes to recruit the following:
17.Job Title Drivers (4) and Tractor Operator (1)
No. of Vacancy 05
Reporting to Estates Officer/ Mechanical or Supervisor where Deployed
Overall Job Purpose
To drive safely and maintain or facilitate maintenance of the Centre vehicle. .
• Drives the vehicle as authorized and takes appropriate measures to secure and safeguard it.
• Undertakes routine checks on the vehicle’s mechanical, safety and other status and carries out basic maintenance procedures.
• Liaises with Supervisor for fuel requisitions and due date for vehicle service.
• Maintains cleanliness of vehicle log where provided.
• Reports any major vehicle faults or status of the vehicle following repairs.
• Reports any accident incidents cases to the Supervisor and other relevant authorities.
• Administers first aid where necessary.
• Undertakes any other official duties as may be assigned.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Must have a valid driving license of an appropriate class with a clean driving track record.
• Should have a certificate in Defensive driving
• Should have a Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) or equivalent qualification with credits in English Language and Mathematics
• Should have a continuous driving experience of at least 5 years
Starting date Immediately
Age Limit 35-55 Years
Duration of commitment 3 years Contract
Salary Expectation Attractive
Job Education: Uganda Certificate of Education
Job Experience: 5 Years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Closing date 6 May, 2020
All CV, applications and testimonials (including 3 work references) should be sent to:
The Executive Director
National Animal Genetic Resources Centre & Data Bank,
P.O. Box 183 Nsamizi Road, Entebbe
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Dr. Charles Lagu, PhD