Job Title: Medical Officer (50 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Ministry Of Health
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary Scale: U4
Reports to: MOSG/ Senior Medical Officer
Uganda has graduated into the second wave of COVID-19 with a sharp increase in the number of asymptomatic, severe and critical cases as well as a significant change in the disease profile. This requires adequate resources both human and financial to contain the spread and to save lives. The HDU and ICU capacity in the entire country needs to be stepped up immediately.
The Ministry of Health with support from USAID, therefore, invites applications from suitably qualified applicants to fill existing posts tenable on Non-gratuitable Local Contract Terms in COVID-19 Treatment Centre (CTUs) under Ministry of Health to support the National Response against COVID-19.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in effective management of COVID 19 patients.
- To participate in the training Programmes related to COVID 19.
- To ensure the safety of patients and health workers in the CTU.
- To ensure that discipline and the Ethical Code of conduct are observed by the staff under him/her.
- To ensure proper management of resources under their care.
- To carry out other duties as may be assigned by the higher authorities.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- MBChB or its equivalent from a recognized University/Institution.
- Must be registered with Medical and Dental Practitioners Council.
- Should have good communication and interpersonal Skills.
How to Apply:
All Applicants should submit written expression of interest accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of certificates and testimonials and three referees addressed to the Permanent secretary, Ministry of Health, P.O. Box 7272, Kampala, Uganda and should be delivered to the tent in the compound of Ministry of Health between 8:00 am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
Online applications should include a cover letter, CV, National ID and Annual Practicing License sent as one PDF document. Candidates invited for interviews will be required to bring the following documents:
- Academic and professional certificates (UCE, UACE, Professional Certificates, Diplomas, Degrees, Fellowships).
- Evidence of training in specialized areas where applicable.
- Letters of appointment, confirmation, and promotion where applicable.
- Registration certificates and valid practicing licenses for health workers from relevant Professional Councils.
- National and current Institutional Identity Cards.
It is emphasized that:
- The applications should be submitted online.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to bring their original certificates, letters of appointment, Registration Certificates and Valid Practicing Licenses, and evidence of active service, or any other relevant documents at the interviews.
- Candidates who will present forged certificates shall be handed over to the Police for appropriate action.
Candidates who wish to apply online should submit their applications to
Deadline: 26th July 2021