Job Title: Accountant (General Ledger)
Organisation: TPO Uganda
Project Name: USAID/PEPFAR-funded Keeping Children Healthy and Safe (KCHS)
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Reports to: Director Financial Management & Operation
TPO Uganda is a local Ugandan NGO that has been operating in the country for 25 years. Our programs comprise interventions organised around the following themes; Care and protection of OVC; child protection, livelihoods support, mental health and psychosocial support, response and prevention of all forms of violence against women and children as well as emergency response and humanitarian action. TPO Uganda is active in 33 districts in the region and is a member of several partnerships and coordination mechanisms in the country.
Job Summary: The Accountant (General Ledger) will perform routine Accounting and Financial Management support for TPO Uganda resources allocated to your custody; including but not limited to budget control and management, transaction management, enforcement of internal controls and accounting support to project finance staff as allocated by your supervisor.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure Data Accuracy
- Analyse Financial Information – Daily basis
- Support Monthly and Annual Close Processes
- Reconcile Accounts – Daily Basis
- Prepare Journal Entries – Daily Basis
- Document Filing system – Daily Basis
- Coding – Daily Basis
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in accounting, or in a related specialization.
- Part professional qualifications at least stage two either CPA, CIMA or ACCA is and added advantage.
- Minimum experience of three years in managing partner sub-grants and interacting with partners on operational issues.
- At least two years’ experience in general ledger accounting, or similar.
- Proficiency in accounting and business management software, such as Sage Evolution 200.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting standards and regulations.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Superb time-management and organizational skills.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees and a table showing your past 3-year salary history to: Human Resources Manager, TPO Uganda, P.O Box 21646 Kampala, Uganda, email: [email protected] hand delivered applications are highly discouraged.
TPO Uganda is an equal opportunities employer that does not discriminate on any basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, thus, if you do not hear from us by 1st July 2021, you are not considered.
Deadline: 18th June 2021.