Job Title: Communication Officer
Organisation: Alliance Française de Kampala
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Alliance française Kampala encourages and favors vibrant relations and close ties between Ugandan people and the French language and culture. It gives ways to people to get to learn the French language, to get committed to diverse aspects of French culture, like art, books, poetry, history, contemporary affairs, and ideas. It gives a possibility to gather in an apolitical, secular, and welcoming environment to Francophile and francophone communities.
Job Summary: The communication officer will be in charge of implementing communication actions to inform prospective students and promote the cultural activities. With a strong focus on digital communication (website, social networks), s/he will develop communication actions targeted at a various audience (Students, institutions, Alumni, internal communication) in coherence with the general strategy of the general director and the director of studies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute in determining the strategy and communication plan;
- Update the website and social media by using the appropriate means news feed, creation of games, organization of events, creation of videos and content (text and visuals)
- Create emailing campaigns (for members, students and the Culturethèque database) ∙
- Contribute to the organisation of events, interviews and presentations towards students.
- Monitor and analyze statistics from social media accounts and social campaigns ∙
- Ensure the use of the data collected in order to propose corrective actions with a weekly reporting
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Master’s degree in communication, journalism, Humanities or Arts;
- Prior communication work/volunteering/internship experience in a company, Association, NGO or French Cultural Network (audiovisual production, educational or cultural sectors)
- Excellent knowledge of different types of communication
- Excellent writing and listening skills;
- Excellent knowledge and mastery of digital communication
- Good mastery of Google Applications and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Mastery of graphic software (Canva, InDesign, Illustrator) will be an advantage
- Written and oral comprehension of French (B2) would be appreciated for a native English speaker and written oral comprehension of English (C1 minimum) is required for a non native English speaker
How to Apply: