Job Title: Community KP/ PrEP Assistant (2 Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: KP/PrEP Technical lead
Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) is a collaborative bio-medical research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services, and prevention strategies in the districts of South-central Uganda. Job Summary: The Community KP/ PrEP Assistant will be responsible for coordinating all Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis related activities in the 12 districts of greater Masaka region. Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, implement and monitor PrEP activities in the assigned district (s).
- Plan and conduct training and on-site mentorships on PrEP service provision.
- Provides technical guidance and support supervision to district, facility and CSO staff on PrEP activities.
- Plan, organize and conduct community and facility PrEP awareness sessions to stakeholders and service recipients.
- Budget and account for all allocated resources.
- Enters PrEP data into the tracker and relevant registers.
- Compile weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on all PrEP implemented activities and submit the report to supervisor.
- Deliver logistics to health facilities/DICEs that are required for the implementation of PrEP activities.
- Prepares workplans for the implementation of PrEP services in the respective districts.
- Provide counselling and follow-up support to PrEP clients.
- Closely work with the KP Prevention Officer for the proper integration of PrEP activities into the general KP/PP Prevention Program.
- Any other duty assigned to him or her by supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Diploma in Clinical Medicine, Nursing, or closely related field.
- At least one year of experience in Key Population Implementation Programming
- Good Communication Skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to ride motorcycle and valid riding permit (Class A) is a MUST.
How to Apply: All suitably qualified and interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their; applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees, and copies of academic qualifications/certificates (in one document (Word/PDF)) addressed to the HR Manager to [email protected]. Please kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email. Only online applications will be considered. Deadline: 9th April 2021 by 5:00pm NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by Rakai Health Sciences Program. Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification.