Job Title: Data Clerks (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Food for the Hungry (FH/U)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Nutrition Assistant
Food for the Hungry (FH/U) is a Christian international relief and development organization currently operating programs in Asia, Latin America and Africa with support offices in the UK, Canada, Switzerland, Sweden, United States of America and Japan. In Uganda since 1989, FH is operational in the Districts of Adjumani, Kitgum, Lamwo, Kole, Kween, Mbale, Namutumba and Amudat implementing programs in four main sectors of Education; Food Security and Livelihoods; Health/Nutrition and Disaster Risk Reduction; with the Head office located in Kampala. FH’s primary goal is to end all forms of poverty worldwide.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintains database by entering new and updated beneficiaries’ information.
· Prepares source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information.
· Establishes entry priorities
· Ensure all beneficiary data is kept in hard and soft copies to minimize loss.
· Attend to each data tool independently without missing any detail
· Ensure maximum confidentiality of the information in the data tolls.
· Ensure proper handling of the data
· Cross checks entered data to ensure data quality and completeness
· Runs consistency quality checks and make edits as appropriate
· Make routine backups.
· Assist in community sensitization and mobilization of various project activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in: Statistics, Biostatistics, Quantitative Economics, Education, Social work, Health, Nutrition, or any other approved field of study from a recognized university. Training in Monitoring and Evaluation, records management is an added advantage.
· A minimum of two (2) years’ practical field experience working with complex data entries, Participation in surveys and project evaluation activities.
· Must have motorcycle riding skills with a valid and clean permit and be willing to access communities by motorcycle
Note: Employment with FH offers an attractive package which include a good salary commensurate to one’s role, hardship allowance depending on location, a good medical insurance package for the staff and dependents, Provident fund, GPA and provision for other statutory requirements. FHU is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by Clearly stating the position applied for in the Subject line and submitting only electronic copies of not more than 2MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, names/contact details of three referees, addressed to: The Human Resources Manager, Food for the Hungry Uganda Email: [email protected] Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Consider your application unsuccessful in case you do not hear from FH by 25th March, 2021.
Deadline: Monday 8th March, 2021 by 4:30pm