Job Title: Finance Associate (Fresher Jobs)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
About US: At Sendy, we believe that Africa does better when everyone has room to grow and thrive. No one should be left out because the distance between seeing an opportunity and making a living from it is too great. We started by delivering small packages but haven’t stopped there. Today, we’re empowering businesses to send raw materials to their production facilities and finished goods to their customers. We’re helping small scale farmers get their produce to the market. We’re making it possible for the hardworking delivery driver to earn a decent living.
Job Summary: The Finance Associate will play a key role in finance operations of our business, including keeping financial records, preparing reports, processing business transactions, handling accounts payable and expense reports and updating financial information.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily/Monthly postings of Sales, Expenses, purchase invoices and Card expenses with all reconciliations
- Payments processing – Preparation of vendor payment vouchers in the company’s accounting system (Xero) & upload to the bank
- Petty cash management and processing petty cash vouchers.
- Account reconciliations for all Banks, Cards and Petty Cash
- Provide support for external party requirements e.g Banks etc
- Monthly closing and updating of all Schedules
- Filing and ensuring all accounting records are properly kept and that the records can be easily retrieved when necessary (Digital or Physical)
- Ensure taxes are calculated and filed accurately and in a timely manner
- Assist in the preparation and creation of Finance Standard operating procedures
- Dig through data and analyse it to find any variances/anomalies and help the tech team sort them out
- Participate in the annual statutory audit.
- Any other duty assigned to you by management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or business related discipline from a reputable university.
- Professional qualifications e.g. ACCA, CPA and CFA would be an added advantage.
- At least two years of relevant work experience.
- Good understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Good grasp of financial & management accounting.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Excellent knowledge of accounts analysis and reconciliation.
- Ability to prepare financial statements.
- Excellent grasp taxation & relevant legislation.
- Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software
How to Apply: All candidates should apply online at the link below. Click Here