1. Visit the Makerere University’s Admissions URL http://admissions.mak.ac.ug and generate a Payment Reference Number (PRN) by following the guide below.
2. Sign up using full name, e-mail and Mobile No. Please note that your name must be similar to the one on your supporting academic documents for your application to be considered valid.
3. A password will be sent to both your e-mail and mobile number.
4. The system will prompt you to change the password to the one you can easily remember.
5. To fill a form the applicant clicks on the APPLY NOW button displayed on the appropriate scheme i.e. Postgraduate and Taught PhD or PhD Research
6. Obtain a payment advice slip by clicking on “Pay for Form” button
7. Make a payment at any of the following Banks:
(b) Post Bank
(c) Centenary Bank
(d) DFCU Bank
(e) UBA Bank
8. Print 2 copies of the filled biodata form and attach 2 certified copies of your academic documents, 2 copies of all other relevant academic documents, 2 passport photos and the three referees’ letters of
9. Submit in office No. 307; level 3 Senate Building Or email scanned copies of the mentioned documents to [email protected]
PROCEDURE FOR OBTAINING A PAYMENT REFERENCE NUMBER FOR PAYMENT OF APPLICATION FEES
i)Go the payment reference site: https//:payments.mak.ac.ug
ii) Fill in your name;
iii) Fill in your email;
iv)Fill in your telephone number – Go to the next
v) Click on the option number;
vi) Application fee = Ugx 50,000 (East African applicants) or Ugx 151,500 (International
vii)the pay reference number
viii) Go to the Bank and pay
For foreign applicants, application fees can be transferred either by EFT or any other
means in UGX to a designated URA collection account in Bank of Uganda as follows:
Account Name: UGANDA REVENUE AUTHORITY COLLECTIONS
Account No: 003410158000002
Swift Code: UGBAUGKAU
10. Strictly observe the closing date of Monday, 18th May 2020
11. All Applicants for Master of Laws (LLM) will do a Graduate Admission Test (GAT) consisting of an oral Interview and written test. The fee is Ug. Shs. 100,000/= (One hundred thousand shillings) payable to the School Accountant. The GAT will be held on Saturday 20th June, 2020
12. All Applicants for Master of Business Administration (College of Business and Management Sciences and Makerere University Business School) will do a GMAT test on dates to be communicated by College of Business and Management Sciences and Makerere University Business School respectively.
13. All Applicants for PGD (Guidance and Counselling), MA.in Counselling and MSc. in Clinical Psychology (School of Psychology, College of Humanities and Social Sciences) will do an admission interview on dates to be communicated by the School of Psychology, College of Humanities and Social Sciences. The fee is Ug.Shs. 60,000/= (Sixty thousand shillings) payable to the designate account to be provided by School.
14. In addition to the general admission requirements, applicants for Master of Public Infrastructure Management (MPIM) must have “Proven professional experience of at least 2 years at managerial/supervisory level or policy-decision making position in a government, parastatal organ, international organisation or non-governmental organisation” Applicants should attach a 2- page short CV and referee recommendations.
15. Detailed information about the Programmes’ admission requirements, content and regulations can be obtained from http://mak.ac.ug, http://rgt.mak.ac.ug or contact the Principals/College Registrars of the respective Colleges and Schools.