Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Organisation: Mukwano Group of Companies
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager – Management Services
About US: The Mukwano Group of Companies is the leading manufacturer of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) in the Great Lakes region, producing a wide range of market leader brands in soaps, edible cooking oils and fats, detergents, beverages, personal care products and plastics.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Development part
- Guide HR team in developing their competences. Develop their work plans on career plans/growth, implement the same and give quarterly reports on new skills/competences learnt. Ensure that the team acquires minimum supervisory and self-motivation skills.
Managerial Roles directly;
- Ensure Manpower strength approved by management is maintained and a report on same is presented to management on a monthly basis
- Ensure recruitment, selection, placement and exit SOP is followed
- Ensure Training and development is fully implemented
- Ensure all the Employee relations and welfare issues are well handled
- Ensure all salary payments and employee benefits are timely paid
- Ensure Performance management is well implemented as per company SOP
- Monitor the operations of labour contract service providers
General duties and responsibilities
- Set departmental MBOs/KPIs
- To oversee, provide leadership, guide and manage the performance of HR advisors and HR administrators, records staff and office attendants
- Ensure that all departmental SOPs are reviewed by the respective staff
- Ensure all internal and external audit concerns are addressed respectively
- Play a balancing role in advocating for both company and employee needs
- Guide and advise managers and line managers on human resource management issues
- Ensure that employee satisfaction results are implemented
- Ensure that the HR reporting team is fully competent and regularly refreshed in the performance of its duties
- Submit weekly and monthly reports to GM-MS and Management
- Ensure that plant visit and departmental meetings are conducted weekly and bi – monthly
- Implement all HR related projects and activities that arise from time to time
- Give periodic updates on labour laws and other regulations
- Assume other responsibilities assigned the GM-MS/Management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Administration, Business Administration, or related field.
- Master’s degree in Human Resource Management or Business Administration or a related from an accredited institution
- Five years’ working experience in a similar role in a large manufacturing company.
- Knowledge of existing labour laws
- Ability to influence and persuade senior management level.
- Pragmatic problem-solving skills.
- Articulate communicator and ability to interpret and explain written and statistical data to a wide range of audiences.
- High standard of attention to detail.
- Solid commitment to customer or employee service.
- Ability to convey difficult and challenging information to managers.
- Expert in Microsoft Office skills like Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work.
How to Apply: All those interested in working with Mukwano Group should send their applications online at the link below. Click HereDeadline: 28th May 2021