Job Title: Information Technology Coordinator
Organisation: Nurture Africa (NA)
Duty Station: Wakiso, Uganda
Nurture Africa (NA) is a Non-Governmental Organisation operating in Wakiso, Terego and Mubende Districts. Nurture Africa (NA)’s prides itself on delivering efficient and effective solutions to vulnerable people, through a wide range of programmes. NA runs different activities that support and help those who are most vulnerable to become empowered.
Job Summary: The Information Technology Coordinator mainly provides technical support to NA in relation to ICT systems including system installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. She/he participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within NA’s ICT infrastructure.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Software and hardware management and maintenance
- Install and configure software on computers
- Install, configure and repair hardware
- Develop in-house systems for data collection and management
- Manage and maintain Microsoft Windows applications and systems
- Manages IT inventory including advising on appropriate IT facilities to be purchased and those to be disposed
- Maintain and manage the PBX systems in the organization
- Maintain and manage the Nurture application (PPS, OPENMRS , QUICKBOOKS )
- Maintain and manage the printers to ensure operational at all times
Monitoring system performance & troubleshooting
- Complete daily checklist of activities to ensure infrastructure is functioning at beginning of each day
- Performing daily backups of application and ensure they complete
- Manage network operations to include: end user support and troubleshooting connectivity problems; installing & maintaining routers and switches
- Managing network servers
- Managing the Wide/Local Area Network (W/LAN)
- Managing and maintaining RLP’s website including backend updates; uploading information eg reports, videos, blogs, photos; redesigning layout
Network & system security
- Managing and maintain the Server environment including adding/terminating users; assigning rights and access; resetting passwords.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on hardware and software
- Ensure security for information and IT equipment through access control
- Ensure backup of organizational data
- Assess all staff on their IT capabilities and conduct individualized trainings as per assessment results
- Develop expertise to train staff on advancing technologies
- Prepare and submit individual reports about the progress of activities as planned on a weekly basis
- Provide management with weekly ticket reports
- Record daily activities
- Complete work plan for all activities
- Research & recommend innovative electronic tools and systems
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- One year of experience in providing end-user support
- Working knowledge of Desktop operating systems, various software applications and basic hardware for the PC and network
- Should be well-versed with principles and theories of network systems and management, Internet technologies and products and have some basic understanding of electrical safety procedure.
- Ability to work with common application software like Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, video teleconferencing software like WebEx and zoom, installing, upgrading, troubleshooting and administering enterprise level and Windows versions of Microsoft Office Suite, and other MSH standard software (e.g. Windows, MS Project, Explorer)
- Ability to work under pressure with limited supervision
- Solid training skills, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint would be an added advantage
- Good team player.
- Willingness to travel to districts.
- Willing to have a 2-3 days’ work week
How to Apply:
Applications should be sent by email addressed to the Human Resources Manager at email@example.com with title of the position applied for in the subject-line OR you can hand deliver your applications at Nurture Africa Head office or Medical Centre. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates must be in a position to cover their own travel expenses to interview. Given the number of applications received, we shall only contact shortlisted candidates. We look forward to hearing from you!
Deadline: Friday, 24th September 2021