Job Title: Manager Credit Evaluation – Business
Organization: Housing Finance Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Credit Officer
About US: Housing Finance Bank, is a Commercial Bank and the leading provider of housing finance solutions with a vision to be the preferred consumer and business bank with a focus on housing finance.
Job Summary: The Manager Credit Evaluation – Business is accountable for evaluating financial proposals at HFB with a view to identifying the associated risks and recommending mitigating measures. This involves conducting a thorough evaluation of all Business-related applications and accompanying documents and issuing recommendations or decisions on approval/decline on the emerging risk factors and adherence to credit underwriting standards set by Housing Finance Bank. Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess business credit requests in line with the Banks credit standards, policies and practices and recommend action to the designated approval authorities or Credit Committees or take decision on approval/decline depending on the delegated authority in place.
- In consultation with the Chief Credit Officer, review the Banks credit manuals, policies and procedures and recommend changes to the Credit Committee from time to time.
- Provide in-house training to direct reports within the Credit team and any other stakeholders within the credit value chain in credit assessment techniques, common observations drawn from lending practice while monitoring their progress in utilising the acquired skills.
- Assist the Chief Credit Officer in the design and development of measures of credit performance and credit measurement targets and implement them
- Assist the Chief Credit Officer in the design of credit reports to facilitate the monitoring of credit portfolio performance.
- Ensure perfection of loan and security documents as required in approval, disbursement, and monitoring of credit facilities.
- Present periodic reports to the Chief Credit Officer as may be agreed in the course of execution of the mandate of the role.
- Implement credit policies and procedures that retain a smooth running of the credit evaluation unit and avoid excessive credit limits.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the head of department or management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Business degree in Risk, finance, Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, management or any relevant field.
- Possession of a Certified banking qualification or master’s degree in a relevant field would be an added advantage.
- Relevant practical training in Business Credit Evaluation in the financial services sector
- At least five years of banking experience with at least 3 of it being in the Business Credit Evaluation Management domain.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of Business Credit Evaluation Management principles.
- Thorough understanding of the evolving practices for the management of Business Credit Evaluation and regulatory requirements.
- Capable of professional discussions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to source data, perform periodic computations & report on findings.
- The ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form in a professional manner is deemed essential.
- Ability to build functioning working relationships across organizational, corporate, and cultural boundaries.
- Takes clear accountability, and focuses on delivery of corporate goals.
- Team player
- Provides extraordinary service
- Must be a person of impeccable integrity
How to Apply: All Interested candidates should hand deliver their applications with a recent CV, copies of all academic transcripts, certificates and testimonials, daytime telephone contact, postal and email address and three competent referees to: Head, Human Resources, Housing Finance Bank, Investment House 4 Wampewo Avenue, Kololo Deadline: Thursday, 1st April 2021 by 5:00pm NB: Please take note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.