Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Funding Source: Global Fund
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
THETA-Uganda is a not-for-profit Ugandan Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) and company limited by guarantee. The Organization was founded as a research project in 1992 and registered as an NGO in 1995. THETA’s core mandate is to improve health and access to health care through promotion of collaboration between the traditional and biomedical health care systems.
About Global Fund Project:
THETA Uganda has received this funding from the Global Fund through TASO for the West Nile Cluster to support activities that contribute to the strategic objectives under the Uganda Malaria Reduction Strategic Plan (UMRSP) 2021-2025. The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) is an international partnership that provides grants to lower income countries with high HIV, Malaria and Tuberculosis disease burden. The fund has been supporting Uganda since 2003 to fight the three diseases (HIV, TB and Malaria).
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will understand the strategic direction of THETA and its core donors and partners. The job holder must be highly versed with Results based management (RBM), Result based financing (RBF) to facilitate analysis of the resource inputs and cost benefit then inform consequent planning accordingly. The job holder should have good knowledge and advisory skill to guide the development of the programmatic goals, objectives, strategic indicators and activities. He/ she should be familiar with development and review of the project Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP). Must be able to lead Baseline studies, Midterm and Endline programme /post implementation evaluations (impact evaluation). Among others the position requires the holder to be a strategic thinker with ability to guide team of staff in day to day programmatic reviews so as to guide the design of emergent strategies as and when required.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will be responsible for designing and Implementing the M&E activities of the Project, leading the project teams in preparing Quarterly/ Annual reports on project progress and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining the MIS of the project and will be responsible for the collection and analysis of different data in relation to the project activities. This specialist woks in close collaboration with the project team and other stake holders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and update the M&E plan inclusive of the Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) of THETA Uganda and its donors for tracking progress and evaluating outcomes and impact of the funded projects.
- Overall management of the M & E activities of the funded projects
- Plan and track activities within each of the Project M&E framework.
- Conduct Data Quality Assessments (DQAs) on project related data
- Develop, revise and/or adapt data collection and reporting tools of the funded projects.
- Provide M&E technical support for program operational strategy
- Participate in training and orientation of different Implementing Partners in the country
- Routine and non-routine data collection of projects tied indicator data.
- Monitor and inform programme implementation progress, preparation and quality assurance of Progress Update and Disbursement Requests (PUDR) reports.
- Evaluate and report on programme outcomes and impact countrywide
- Provide information for reporting on the Health Sector performance in line with the program objectives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Computer science, and Quantitative economics. A Master’s Degree in the same areas above is an added advantage.
- Must have Postgraduate training/Fellowship in Monitoring and Evaluation, management or related field. Should have additional broad certified training in electronic health management information systems among others.
- District Health Information System (DHIS2) designing and customization, Geospatial Information System (GIS), Open Medical Records System (Open MRS), Uganda Electronic Medical Records (Uganda EMR), etc.
- He/she must have at least 5 years of M&E experience working within the health sector in international and National NGOs/donors or Government, whether as an employee or consultant at the different levels of implementation, Strategy or Policy. Should have vast experience in supporting; local government, ministries, autonomous bodies and Community Based Organizations.
- Should have extensive experience in training of trainers, developing functional Monitoring and evaluation systems, M&E plans for health programs, DQAs, research, training, supervising M&E teams and managing M&E activities.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their application letters and updated CVs together and they MUST not be more than 5 pages. They should apply online at the link below.
- All applicants must provide 3 professional referees who should be stated with clear phone and email contact details
- All applicants must be ready for immediate deployment for all positions.
Deadline: Friday, 17th September 2021 by 4:00pm