Job Title: Nutrition Interns (6 No Experience Job Opportunities)
Organisation: John Snow Inc. (JSI)
Duty Station: Uganda
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a leader in the field of international public health, is currently recruiting for Data Clerks for the Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services-North, Lango (RHITES-N, Lango) Project, funded by the USAID. RHITES-N, Lango will improve the use of integrated health services in Northern Uganda’s Lango region and strengthen the health system to sustain gains made by earlier projects. RHITES-N, Lango will contribute to improving key population-based national health indicators; build the capacity of the Ugandan government to carry out a sustainable and locally-driven response to the HIV epidemic, while also improving TB, malaria, nutrition, MNCH+A, and WASH outcomes. JSI will work with Ugandan stakeholders to design and implement health system strengthening strategies to scale up high- impact, evidence-based interventions at the national, sub-regional, district, and community levels. Interventions will include VMMG, virtual elimination of mother-to-child transmission of HIV, antiretroviral therapy, and condom education and distribution. JSI will focus where the greatest impact can be realized, with a priority on hard-to-reach and high-HIV-prevalence locations. RHITES-N, Lango is a five-year contract which Started in February 2018 and will end February 2023. The JSI team includes Amref Health Africa, Africa CUAMM, Another Option, and Medical Concierge Group.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Routine technical support to facilities to provide quality Nutrition Assessment, Counseling and Support (NACS) services in health facilities
· Support Maternity, ANC and PNC in provision and documentation of quality Maternal Nutrition Counseling and Infant Feeding Counseling services using the right job aides and information and education and communication materials
· Support mentorship of district-based mentors and health facility workers to provide quality nutrition services
· Support follow up of nutrition QI projects in CQI Family health sites
· Support data entry in registers and reporting in the DHIS2 from all departments
· Support facilities in administration, reporting, accountability and taking stock of: Vitamin A supplements, Deworming drugs, Iron Folic Acid (IFA) supplements and Ready to Use Therapeutic Foods (RUTF) and ensure monthly RUTF reports are submitted
· Support in scaling up of OTC sites with high SAM/MAM cases
· Follow up community nutrition programmes in Care groups, HIV groups, DREAMS, OVC groups, Key Population groups
· Contribute towards scale up implementation and reporting of community nutrition programming in targeted sub-counties for Feed the Future standard indicators.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· Degree or awaits graduation in Human Nutrition and Dietetics or Human Nutrition or Nutrition
· From Lango region and speaks Langi fluently
· Good team work and Communication skills
· Willingness to learn
· High level of integrity
· Highly committed and proactive
· Must have graduated within the previous 24 months. No candidates over 24 months’ post-graduation are eligible for the internship program.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their application letters and updated CV to the Internship Coordinator USAID RHITES-N Lango, with the subject – “Applications USAID-RHITES-N L Internship Position batch 4 round 2 February 2021”. Application should be submitted in hard copy and must contain only 2 documents within 1 envelope (Application letter and your CV) and hand delivered to the USAID RHITES-N Lango Offices directly in Citadel Towers, 2nd floor of the building with security officer at office entrance. Mark on the envelop the Internship position applied for with either Internship-Clinical Officer February 2021 or Internship- Laboratory Assistant Etc.
NB: Those who have already benefitted from the RHITES NORTH LANGO internship program should not apply
Deadline: 22nd February 2021