Job Title: Procurement Officer
Organisation: Java House
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
About US: Java House, commonly referred to as ‘Nairobi Java’, opened its first store in 1999 at Adam’s Arcade in Nairobi. With the aim of introducing gourmet coffee drinking culture in Kenya, the first outlet was a coffee shop and later the brand evolved to an American diner style restaurant to its present-day status as a 3 -day part coffee-led, casual dining concept. Java House is now one of the leading coffee brands in Africa and has grown to have outlets in 14 cities across 3 countries in East Africa (Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda). It has also birthed two sister brands Planet Yoghurt, a healthy, tasty and fun frozen yoghurt store and 360 Degrees Pizza, a casual dining restaurant.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To procure capital equipment and materials after analyzing all the options.
- Prepare and maintain purchasing records such as vendor quotes, purchasing requisitions, purchase orders and reports.
- Work with Projects team in developing specifications for materials and equipment and should manage inventories reorders based on lead times, par levels, and potential market development
- To make decisions which are consistent with the company policy guidelines, the prevailing market conditions and adhere to the code of business conduct and ethics.
- To prepare spend analysis which is used to provide insights in making continuous improvements
- Coordinate and plan future inventory needs for the Projects department
- Maintain accurate project records
- Effectively coordinate with vendors on all administrative aspects of the project
- Effectively coordinate project scope by ensuring any changes to scope are documented and approved
- Preparing Project tracker and sharing with all the stakeholders
- Liaising with the Central Stores and User departments to ensure timely requisition of goods and services for new branches
- Creating and maintaining effective delivery relationship and partnership with suppliers
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree
- Professional qualifications: CIPS, KISM
How to Apply: All candidates who wish to join Java House in this capacity should apply online at the link below. Click Here