Support the field office in the in the provision of Supply chain management, ensuring that this is done through timely service delivery to the field programmes in line with SCI policies, procedures and guidelines. The Officer may be called upon as and when necessary to support the wider emergency team in cases of humanitarian crisis. Performance of tasks shall be executed in a manner that promotes value for money in accordance to SCI standards.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Finance, Administration.
- At least a years’ relevant working experience, preferably with International NGOs, and good understanding of major donor’s financial requirements, conditions and government budgets and tax policies.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to generate financial reports and meet set deadlines and with good integrity.
- Ability to maintain personal professional development and competencies on financial issues.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Team player with good interpersonal/ communication, documentation and facilitation skills and the ability to work under minimum supervision in a team.
- Ability to speak local language and directly interact with target group will be an added advantage
- Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
- Strong analytical skills and planning abilities.
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
- Computer literary and fluency in English are a MUST.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
Method of Application
Closing Date : 14 Nov, 2020